Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snake Health

• 30-03-2004 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Recently my Bard Rat snake became somewhat sick, I looked after her, and she is starting to recover slowly but surelyCorn snakes... What's wrong? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

you havent given nearly enough information for anyone here to even try to help.
    what exactly was wrong with her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Doctor Spoc

Oh sod! My computer keeps acting up there was more info on that than was is shown... crap! Well anyways, she just became really cold and dulled in colour, she's a really nice tolerant snake, but when she was sick she went mental. I thought that it might have been that she had eaten a, still, slightly frozen mouse.
    Thank you for notifing me about the tread! :D

1st, make sure the heating in the cage is working properly,
    2nd, take her to a vet (even if it seems the symptoms have gone).
    3rd, losing color is never a good thing, check her vitamin suppliment is within its use by date.
    ALWAYS make sure mice are completely thawed to room temp before feeding.

but most importantly, if her temper has changed, get her to a vet asap as there has to be a reason for it.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭paulthelegend

I would STRONGLY recommend going talking to a reptile expert first! He should be able to firstly check is it a simple problem like a certain cycle due to the time of year etc and then if its more serious they will recommend a vet to go to. I have heard of MANY cases where people have brought there reptiles (especially geckos) to a certain vet who claims to be good with reptiles and the vet in question put every single gecko down and said it was metabolic bone decease, which if you test any gecko they will show up that they have it but its natural... Very few vets have training in reptiles, so get refered to a good one.

The person who i have dealt with for years is Mc Elheron reptiles on the quay there beside the millenium bridge, i bought a frog off another reptile shop near there and it was in a bad state and i didnt know at the time what to look out for and he was able to put me on the right track... since then id never go anywhere else

Mc Elheron is v v good at what he does, no doubt about that, and by all means phone him and ask him to recommend a good herp vet, BUT i know for a fact even he would tell you go to the vet he recommends first for medical stuff, not him, he's a hobbyist, a very good experienced hobbyist, but certainly not a vet. ;)

B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭paulthelegend

Oh yea thats what i ment in my message that just get recommended to a good vet by someone who knows whos a good vet :) theres plenty of vets out there that will not turn you away if you turn up with a reptile but will not have the first idea even if its a desert or tropical species :) So yea thats what i was saying, get Thomas to recommend a good vet to you. And tell us how you get on

Advertisement