Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoking Ban

• 30-03-2004 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

I heard that the george is gonna do real well outta the smoking ban.......

cos its the only place ya can enjoy a pint and a fag at the same time...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

The George is a Gay Pub, make any sence to you UQ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

ROFL! FU*CKING CLASSIC! LOL!!! PISSED MY SELF LAUGHING!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

This would appear to be a racist joke, against the board's charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Originally posted by ixoy
    This would appear to be a racist joke, against the board's charter.

Look it's a fookin joke stop being such a do-gooder, and anyway, it's sort of true..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

Yeah if you dony want any humor go somewhere else...:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

gays do not constitute a race, therefore the term racist cannot be used in this context.

I happen to know a few gay people - one of whom actually refers to himself as a fag.

Go figure.

Bio

Originally posted by BioHazRd
    I happen to know a few gay people - one of whom actually refers to himself as a fag.

Go figure.

Bio
    I happen to know a few too - including myself. Some black people call each other "nigg*r" so, going by the logic here, we should be allowed use that word? Surely the category of sexuality is to be considered as offensive as racism given that both are qualities one is born with and often used to distinguish/categorize people in an unfair manner? (And yes, I'm aware the UN resolution on the matter was not passed but I think you can see my general point).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

black people are a race, homosexuals aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

If i'd of know that this sort of crap was gonna be posted then i wouldnt have submitted the joke at all...this is th humor board...now feck off all yee dry sh****

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭bdiddy

look its funny, it doesnt suggest that gays are bad people or incite hate in any way. i had another (funny)comment to make but i cant incase someone gets offended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I like that. :D
    For God sake every joke is poking fun at some individual or group of people.
    Let's not go PC mad here please.

And no Ioxy, homosexuals are not a 'race'

*grumble mutter* Forgive me, I've just found out that they're implementing a ban on Internet access and that I'll lose, consequently, my boards access that keeps me sane during the working day. I'm very grouchy as a result. It'll pass by tomorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

jesus when did this HUMOUR board become the FU*CKING DISCUSSION or ARGUMENT board?? jesus its a joke. if u cant take it then dont bother posting a reply. go somewhere like the discussion or argument board...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

ROFL

That is fookin class

:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

me personaly doesnt mind it

but i still think its a terrible joke :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

Originally posted by ixoy
    *grumble mutter* Forgive me, I've just found out that they're implementing a ban on Internet access and that I'll lose, consequently, my boards access that keeps me sane during the working day. I'm very grouchy as a result. It'll pass by tomorrow...

don't worry the've done that 5 times where i work and we always found a way to get online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

ROFL. one of the best jokes I've heard in a while. :D:D

Advertisement