Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comreg Survey "Do You Want Cheaper and Better Quality Broadband In Ireland"

• 30-03-2004 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Whatever you think you can either

1. Submit it direct in this form on the Comreg site Right Here by the 21st of April or else

2. or Mail it direct to ruth.kenny@comreg.ie with attachments allowed in either case.

You can be a customer of any carrier, tell them about your experiences where your carrier tried to get the product off Eircom wholesale otherwise Comreg will pretend they did not know.

Any delays or mucking around, tell them. They will not review the market for another 2 years after this consultation.

Any quality problems, tell Comreg.

Any slowdowns, tell Comreg.

Any Billing issues , tell Comreg.

Mods can you sticky this for a week or two. Half the BB customer base in Ireland (or their mates) use this Board. Ta.

M

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Sweet...everyone should fill this out and state any problems they've had.

I just did.

:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Stuck Muck...

Bizmark beat me too it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Nearly missed this thread 'cos it's stickied!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Funny i would of stuck this if it wasnt for Iol broadband being down for hours ah the irony :D

Coyote must of stuck it if you didnt cheif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

With all the Stickies you can barely even SEE this tread you would be better off clearing a lot of the stickies away/merging them together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

I'm not sure that pissing off Comreg by polluting a consultation about Wholesale Broadband access with lots of irrelevant crap about end user issues will achieve anything positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Whereas smiling politely while they f*ck up once again will?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭atheist

Read the doc at
    http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/publications/ComReg0425.pdf
    which ends in 40 questions before replying to links on first post in thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Good One Muck. I have submitted 5 complaints

1. eircom moving a whole business park from a DSL exchange to a non-DSL exchange forcing the tenants back onto ISDN
    2. Killaloe being set a trigger level by eircom despite the exchange serving 3500+ people
    3. ComReg decresing eircoms USO obligations for data on their lines from 2.4kbs to 0
    4. The Group Broadband Schemes being a waste of time. What local community / BISP will fund 80% of the cost of a new base station (not including annual recurring costs)
    5. The Govt. owning all ESB, RTE and Coillte towers and backhaul but not making them available to poor wireless BB providers.

thegills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by atheist
    Read the doc at Comreg which ends in 40 questions before replying to links on first post in thread

If you have a valid view as an end user of BB on how the system should work for your own benefit and for the benefit of all then reply in plain english in your own language. If the readers in this forum cannot contriubute informed commentary on the workings of the DSL market in Ireland then nobody can. You may have one or many points to make on the subject.

Comreg will then decide themselves what 'question' or 'questions' or part-questions' you answered and will allocate your particular view to the pool of answers to those questions along with the Eircom answer and the ESAT answer. Are your views not as valid as theirs, you are the one who has to live with the limited number of overpricced DSL offerings with low Caps and high contentions that are made available in Ireland.

Good thoughts , expressed clearly , will do fine. The 40 questions are for the likes of ESAT and Eircom who have full time people reaming off pages of guff in answer to each question.

If the number of TOTAL responses is LOW then Comreg will take it that nobody is interested and will use that as an excuse to do nothing . Above ALL else do not give Comreg more excuses to do nothing by NOT showing and interest in the consultation over the next 3 weeks.

I personally asked for a product and price mix just like Belgium (3Mbits for under €50 a month and 5Gb add on 'packs' for 0.1c a MegaBYte if I do break me cap .....saying that 3.6C is far too much and that no price justification can be shown for this figure ...or ever has been .

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭atheist

Agreed. One unforgivable mistry is why it took Eircom five years trialing ADSL before introducing it. My responses will consider the other ratholes they are likely to send us down. A lot can happen in two years.

This survey applies to all IOL and UTV customers who may be suffering from capacity problems at the moment .

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Perhaps you should have linked the lengthy document the form you linked is collecting feedback on. This would help keep the feedback, y'know, RELEVANT to the topic on hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mutor_CS

Submitted survey....
    jmail.SMTPMail error '8000ffff'

The message was undeliverable. All servers failed to receive the message

/publications/respond_send.asp, line 76

Originally posted by Agent Orange
    Perhaps you should have linked the lengthy document the form you linked is collecting feedback on. This would help keep the feedback, y'know, RELEVANT to the topic on hand.

The Lenghty Document never asked about Pings and Interleaving for example.

If you think that Irish BB quality is rubbish because you cannot get a low ping DSL product then how can you supply the information in response to a question that was never asked.

Thats one example. The Questions are here at the end of the Document , all 40 of Them

Answer as many as you wish but do feel free to point out what YOU want if it is not available and if Comreg are too thick to see why it should be available (and therefore have neglected to ask any questions about it) . Comreg will never ask the punters what they want, they will always prefer to ask the industry and never the consumer.

It is because of this that Comreg defined "Functional Internet Access" at 0k last year but this is not about "Functional Internet Access" but about Broadband .

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Article 4.18: The take up of satalite broadband services and FTTH (Fibre to the Home) has been low mainly due to limits of functionality and pricing sturctures....."

Well done lads, once again you display you don't have a fking clue what you're on about. Would someone from comreg like to point out who exactly sells FTTH so that their would actually be a pricing sturcture for it?

There was another bit earlier on that was equally insugtfull. Lemme see now.........

Ah yes, Article 3.17 states: " Fibre to the Home - FTTH provides broadband services over an optical fibre link to the customer's home or business. They are mainly used for high capacity users, which are almost alweays non-residential (edit: which would mean it um, isn't to the home, yes I nitpick) and are generally installed as part of a corporate network. Currently the take up of FTTH is minimal in Ireland."

Yes and that is um great and all, essentially Fibre to the Home is for business's, Home part is a typo or something. Yes comreg is right, in the same way that it's not being rolled out residentially in other countries, that a USO of 0k will let you download Linux isos in a few minutes and of course there was no corruption in ireland untill now and as a result there is no tribunals on.

One week to go. I think the submission form on the website is still inexplicably broken so you have to email your thoughts instead to ruth.kenny@comreg.ie

As they can't seem to fix a simple website form I am quaking with fear at the thought of Comreg getting all the .ie domains as a plaything. No consultation either :(

M

Advertisement