Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spare parts N gage?

Options
  • 30-03-2004 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭

Looking for a spare parts for my n gage heads phones for the mp3player/radio/handsfree are not working any place in ireland selling these parts?

gob_smacked

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi - are you looking for a new set of headphones or bits for the headphone socket?

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I have head phones they work fine just the part that i plug the head phones into .it does not reconize thte head phones but reconizes the handsfree but when try and use the handsfree it does not work and when I plug out the handsfree it still thinks the handsfree is pluged in so I need to replace this .

gob_smakced

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

have you tried seeing what a Nokia Repair centre makes of it?

some people had headset socket problem on the original SPV model, there was a micro-switch in that socket that got stuck (making the phone believe the headset was inserted when it wasn't, and vice-versa) - i don't know if the n-gage has the same micro-switch mechanism though...

for the SPV that did have that micro-switch inserting and removing the headset a few times sometimes reset it - others got it sorted by blowing into the headset socket when the headset plug is removed (worked for some) - some mentioned inserting a cocktail stick and *gently* moving it about to see if that would help reset it - but it is not advisable to go inserting foreign items into the sockets of electronic goods...

checked a site i looked up for spare parts before but couldn't see an n-gage headset socked listed sorry...

BrianG

Advertisement