Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FreeHost disappearance

Options
  • 30-03-2004 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place but I'm at a loss. A site of mine is being hosted by freehost.ie. The site has disappeared as did freehost.ie. I found their number but the number just rang out. Anybody got any ideas? If I have to move to a new provider who do I contact about it..and what happens to the mail being sent to the domain at the moment..does it disappear into a black hole. I do have data on the server which I'd really like to get off it also. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ..yeah yeah I know you get what you pay for etc yada yada yada.

UPDATE: I did get through to the company and the owner was extremely helpful. Yes the problem was on my end..a misconfigured firewall. There was no interruption in the hosting service. It reassuring to know I can still be a complete idiot sometimes. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

www.freehost.ie is running fine for me. Maybe just a temporary thing? As to what happens your email.. it depends on whether the recipient mail server was available at the time, and if not, it depends on what the sending mail server does with hosts it can't find.. some put it back in the queue and try later, others bounce the message back to the sender. It shouldn't dissapear into a black hole unless something is badly misconfigured.

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭FreeHost

UPDATE: I did get through to the company and the owner was extremely helpful. Yes the problem was on my end..a misconfigured firewall. There was no interruption in the hosting service. It reassuring to know I can still be a complete idiot sometimes.

Cheers Axon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

April Fool?? Hehehe - I was surprised to see this as I know FreeHost sorted an issue with a domain I have with him recently.

Advertisement