Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ha Iolbb Gone Tits Up - I'm In Clare??

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Originally posted by bonglord
    bastards

Co-sign!

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Someone call me? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Its not back to normal?
    Mine is still the same as last nite.
    WTF IS GOIN ON?
    If this continues im goin to ring eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

yup my esat dsl is still b0rked....think i'll go back to my two bean cans and some string!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

would get better pings on 56k.
    pings are at the ass end of 300.

oh the pain.. the horrible pain. :(

• Advertisement

Indeed...just i thought things were getting better...i just got disconnected for no reason. :confused:

Back online now...dunno, i feel like ripping out my phone line and mailing it to Esat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Was getting this earlier

Pinging www.boards.ie [82.195.131.128] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 82.195.131.128: bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=56
    Reply from 82.195.131.128: bytes=32 time=29ms TTL=56
    Reply from 82.195.131.128: bytes=32 time=27ms TTL=56
    Reply from 82.195.131.128: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=56

Ping statistics for 82.195.131.128:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 27ms, Maximum = 31ms, Average = 29ms

Getting this now:

Pinging www.boards.ie [82.195.131.128] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
    Reply from 82.195.131.128: bytes=32 time=190ms TTL=56
    Request timed out.
    Reply from 82.195.131.128: bytes=32 time=162ms TTL=56

Ping statistics for 82.195.131.128:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 2, Lost = 2 (50% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 162ms, Maximum = 190ms, Average = 176ms

Lovely... Poor pings and packet loss ;)

X

Yeah, it's starting here also...was fine, now total crap. This is the problem....you can't rely on the service any longer. It changes from one minute to the next.

Good one minute, ****e the next....you can't depend on it nor is the service like it was before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

I called IOL today and said I was concerned about all the problems I have been reading about here on boards (I just signed up for IOLBB earlier this week!!). The assured me that there are no problems with their service and the problems I am reading about are isolated cases. They said I should have no problems whatsoever!!!

I don't believe that for one minute. I'll give the service a few days trial when it's live and if it's as crap as I've been reading about here I'll tell them to take it back. I think I should be able to do this because of the 7 day cooling off thingy on contracts.

I've said this to Esat...people are reading boards and potential customers are already saying they'll sign with some other ISP. It's all about perception and PR...if your company is seen to provide a crap service and people read this, they will go somewhere else.

The problems are not isolated, Esat admitted to me it was more widespread then they had initially thought, and increasing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Well i have written disgruntled letters to them and im far from happy with them. Im goin to ring them on monday and if i dont get a good answer then its bye bye iol. So sick of all this ****in bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Reply from Bill Murphy at esat...
    R

Had to escalate and rush thru capacity expansion with eircom today, more
    bandwidth is now on order as well to deal with the upsurge in activity....

Thanks for writing and flagging it to me, sorry I didn t catch it sooner, it
    was in train but should have happened quicker

Rgds
    Bill

They are working on it guys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by HelterSkelter
    and the problems I am reading about are isolated cases. They said I should have no problems whatsoever!!!
    LOL

Even if these were isolated cases (which they're not), surely you can see by how they've handled it so far that they don't care if people are happy with the service they're getting.
    They don't even respond on their own bulletin board (which is full of complaints).
    If it can happen to us, there's no assurance esat can give that it won't happen to you too.
    There's no smoke without fire in this case.

Also, Lenny how did you actually manage to communicate with human life at esat?
    Any of the drones that answer to their listed email addresses don't seem to care enough to type something, they simply copy and paste some rubbish excuse handed down from PR.
    I don't see why they give clueless/powerless people the job of responding to emails.
    Their site says something to the effect of "email queries are responded to as a matter of urgency"... then how come it took them two working days to send me a template response?!

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by [DF]Lenny
    Reply from Bill Murphy at esat...
    R

Had to escalate and rush thru capacity expansion with eircom today, more
    bandwidth is now on order as well to deal with the upsurge in activity....

Thanks for writing and flagging it to me, sorry I didn t catch it sooner, it
    was in train but should have happened quicker

Rgds
    Bill

They are working on it guys!!

If that's the best they can come up with it is a truly pathetic response!!! It takes an email from a disgruntled customer for the head honcho to know whats going on? Meanwhile the wonderful support service is not relaying any stuff upwards obviously and is continuing to either send out template letters about contention or convince peopel they are only imagining all this!!! Could it happen anywhere else but Ireland!!!!

Advertisement