Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courses/careers in town planning?

Options
  • 30-03-2004 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

I want to study town and country planning, but there are no undergrad degrees for this in Ireland.
    What colleges should I look at i nthe UK or scotland or wales even.

ANyone here work in this area of stuff, or done a degree in it? What would be my best route? I could do a primary degree in surveying, ect.... (which im also interested in) and then do a post-grad.

The UK route means leaving home (obviously), but the post - grad route means it takes longer. Both have pros and cons.

I cant decide................................................................. Feel free to help. (in any way).

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

Thanks Ecksor!
    I was looking at that DIT course, but im not too keen on it.

I cant find planning courses on the Ucas search. It doesnt seem to have them in any of the categories. I tried construction but no planning shows up.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I clicked on subject search and then planning under p and there's tonnes of stuff, including 85 courses under "Town Planning".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

Town Planners in Ireland almost all have degrees in Geography an dmoved on from there as afaik. Apparently, it used to be compulsory to have a Geography degree to become one in the civil service.

Advertisement