Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spawn camping in Vietnam

Options
  • 30-03-2004 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Seeing as there's no un-takeable bases in Vietnam, what's the story with spawn camping? I was playing yesterday, and was, in the BF42 definition of the term, definitely spawn camping, but seeing as all flags can be taken in Vietnam, and if the enemy only have one flag, if you hover around their base in a chopper trying to take the flag, then obviously you'll kill anyone that spawns the second you see them, (that's what I was doing anyway).

It's obviously a pain in the arse when you're on the receiving end of this, but what are you supposed to do? Fly away and let them hide???? Just wondering what people's views on 'spawn camping' are, what is, and isn't ok??????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Imo there is spawn camping in Vietnam. There are untakable spawns in the game, not flags but spawns (not including movable). Camping at those is base camping. Any spawn with a takable flag is fair game in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Kunst

i suppose it would be frustrating but it will definitely hone your quick fire skills.

SA-7 is your friend in these situations

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Can anyone explain to me exactly how to move a spawn point with the NVA engineer, according to the manual ye just point the shovel at a spawn point press the mouse button and go on your merry way to wherever ye wanna put it

Well ive put the shovel everywhere except where the sun dont shine and it still doesnt move anywhere

Any help would be appreciated

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Lol shinzon,id like to know that aswell.:confused:

CombatCow

ps. Art check this out - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=150230

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Cohiba

Just pick up the tunnel entrance (the thingy with the shovel) using the 'pick up item' key ('g' by default). You're now carrying the tunnel (or more accurately the spawn point). Then decide where you want to place it, equip your shovel, press the 'fire' key, and the spawn point is placed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

if the base is takeable there is no spawn camping in strictest sense and its there tough luck for spawning in a base thats about to be taken.

however i find it difficult to take many bases in vietnam as the flags are out in the open so by going to take a flag its make you very vulnerable so there have been times when i've been around a flag with a sniper rifle picking em off or an m60 when i probably should be taking the flag (espcially if i have an m60)

also i wouldn't mind going for a flag so much if the other person with you has the intelligence to face in the opposite direction to you and cover your back (and you do the same instead of wildly swinging around letting some one come up from behind and rape both of you

yeah its a different game form dc some times

data

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    also i wouldn't mind going for a flag so much if the other person with you has the intelligence to face in the opposite direction to you and cover your back (and you do the same instead of wildly swinging around letting some one come up from behind and rape both of you

Nont only that but the more people you have with you when going for flags the quick it is to actually capture a flag. Its all just another reason why Battlefield requires so much actual Teamplay compared to other games. Going alone is never a good idea.

aye there is that element too, but even if having you back meant he wasn't in a flag taking position but the place was well covered would be better then two people running around in circles beside a flag imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

aren't all spawns either takable or destryoable? I'm sure that they are but I could be wrong. Still it would be nice to see uncappable bases on some maps at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by Cohiba
    Just pick up the tunnel entrance (the thingy with the shovel) using the 'pick up item' key ('g' by default). You're now carrying the tunnel (or more accurately the spawn point). Then decide where you want to place it, equip your shovel, press the 'fire' key, and the spawn point is placed.

Emm what tunnel and where

more info lol

Shin

• Advertisement

The tunnel 'entrance' is a small mound of earth with a shovel sticking out of it... It shows up on the Vietnamese map as a spawn point, but doesn't have a flag. On Hastings it's just beside the Mig, and on the 'Apocolypse Now' map (Operation Irving???) It's just beside the scooter in the temple ruins. More on other maps, just can't remember where. Just be careful where you place it though, the US can destroy the spawn point if they find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

So how does one go about destroying one of these spawn points?

A grenade, the blowtorch, a decent burst from the M60.... Anything really...

three law's will take out the u.s spawn box as well i found out last night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Droping it from a huey does it as well :p

One bit of advice- Before you go to the trouble of moving the spawn point, make sure your team knows what to do once you've moved it.

I spent 20 minutes on Operation Irving on an EAUK server yesterday literally crwaling around the damn map, dodging hueys and the F4, they spotted me but I managed to hide and avoid repeated rocket/ napalm drops. I was well chuffed when I finally crept up behind the US hangar and sneakily placed the tunnel entrance/ spawn point in the trees just behind it.

I then proudly let my team know it was there......but do you think anyone would use it???? Would they F**K! So i make a solo dash for a Huey, hop in it and cause absolute mayhem for 20 seconds before a couple of LAWs take me out. Naturally I respawn behind the hangar, and start picking off surprised US troops in the base, only to be called a 'base camper'. Worst of all, not one single person on my team would use the damn spawnpoint.

Mind you, suppose that's what I get for playing on EA servers....

Advertisement