Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens to the Tables after a tournament

Options
  • 30-03-2004 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Does anyone know what happen's to the Snooker tables after the Professional tournaments ??

Im just wondering cos there has to be at least 6 of them up in citywest ?

3 Match Tables and 3 Practice ???

I might hire a transit and go looking for the Skips up in Citywest in the dead of night..I am a Silent Assasin after all ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I presume they are hired. Too expensive to just buy and only use once a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ALLGOOD

They go back to their homes to drink tea and watch tv until the next competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

2 Match tables packed up on De-rig day, tuesday and Palletised
    3 Prictise tables packed up at 9pm Final Day
    Final Table dropped imediately after final, think fitter said they got out about 3am after packing it away.

Those tables or some of them anyway are now in Scotland for that event next week.
    All tables are owned by BCE/Riley and brought to all the events and not stored here till next year

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Silent Assasin

So the tables travel around with the circuit ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Yup with the players and the fitters.

In citywest they arrived on Wednesday, Paddys Day, evening with a team of 4-5 fitters and they were all erected and covered by Thursday for practise on Friday and Matches then on Saturday. AFIK

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Originally posted by gerire
    Yup with the players and the fitters.

In citywest they arrived on Wednesday, Paddys Day, evening with a team of 4-5 fitters and they were all erected and covered by Thursday for practise on Friday and Matches then on Saturday. AFIK
    my girlfriend would love that!!! errected on thursday and played on on saturday!!!:D

Advertisement