Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re ISP charge

• 30-03-2004 11:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Did I read somewhere on boards that all BB ISP's(iol,utv,NS)charge a fee to cancel your connection even thoght your 12month contract would be up?Due to a charge leved on them by eircom with something to do with the port in the exchange.
    Thks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Yes, Eircom charge €150 for disconnection, and you have to return the modem to them. IOL are a little different, i belive they ask for the balance of the outstanding cost for the term of your contract.

So if you've got 4 months left to run they charge you that, if i am wrong correct me on this.

One thing to consider about Esat, if you change address with Eircom you have to cancel the broadband and have the port closed...they'll charge you €150.

You then have to open a fresh broadband account with them, pay all the installation charges and other fees all over again.

Esat however did not do this with me, they just closed the port at the old address and opened a new port for the new one.

But, this process did take 2 1/2 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

He meant once your contract is finished not mid way through.

Im afraid i can't answer your question tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

IF they charge for closing the port, try just switching providers without "closing" the port. If they won't let you do that, bitch and moan.

Advertisement