Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B@lls! Wrong CD error on BF:Vietnam

Options
  • 31-03-2004 4:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

I was well pleased to pick up BFV from PC World yesterday for €15 but I have installed it and now when I try to play I am told the wrong CD is in the drive, insert correct CD and restart. I had the bloody game for free off Bit Torrent but it was certainly good enough to be worth €15 so I bought it. Now I find the paid version isn't as good as the free one.
    The best advice EA's website can give is change the cd rom drive letter, or bring it back to the shop.
    Having gone to the trouble of buying it I don't want to resort to NoCDs and cracked exes. Can anyone here suggest anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

make sure when ya play you have the 3rd cd in the drive.

[edit] my error, the first CD, winters is correct :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Instant Karma
    make sure when ya play you have the 3rd cd in the drive.

:confused: I run with the first usually in mine drive.

Ok, this problem has happened to me when I have had BF1942 in one drive and BFV in the other. All I did was click on "Continue" and it usually works then. A problem may have occoured by using the illegal copy, if you installed BFV over the illegal install it may be conflicting. Remove both installs and reinstall Battlefield Vietnam, should work. Or try putting the CD in a differant CD drive or trying all 3 CDs.

If not then you can either return it to PC World for another copy or get EA to send your out a new CD. There should be a thread with a how to get a new CD on it somewhere here ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I may have found the problem. When getting the error it wasn't telling me which disc it wanted, nor giving me options to try again, continue or cancel. Just "Wrong disc inserted, insert correct disc and restart the application" and an OK button.
    EA's website suggests that virtual drives á la Daemon tools, CloneCD, Alcohol120 etc will cause problems and they will need to be uninstalled before I can play the game.

So I tried installing onto the laptop, which has none of the above and the game will play with any of the three discs in the drive.

Now do I really have to uninstall three or four other programs to play one game or is anybody aware of a workaround for this, a way to mask my virtual drives perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Tell me wot type of virtual drive you have, and I'll see wot I can do. Soome have "fix's" ;)

Well I just found out that the new Daemon tools is now available, site says "some blacklist fixes" so that may work. Other than that I have iirc Alcohol, Nero, CloneDVD and possibly one or two other virtual cd capable apps.

In truth, if the new Daemon worked and I could keep Nero without it's virtual drive I'd be happy enough. Let me know what you think.

• Advertisement

Alcohol 120, u say? Try this, or this, or try here.
    The last link is just me being lazy ;)

I think you misunderstand. All I want to do is play the game I bought, from the original disc as it's makers intended. I am not looking to make a backup, play a backup or copy someone elses cd.
    Unfortunately it seems EA want some sort of exclusivity on my PC where they dictate what software their games share my hard drive with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

If you're copy is legal then why not get a no-CD patch? My copy is perfectly legal, I only have th eone DVD drive, so I just got a no CD patch and it's working fine online, no conflicts or errors or whatnot. All horribly illegal Im sure, but hey, I paid enough money for the game :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

milltown, here's an idea
    you say you downloladed the game yea?
    So use the iso image of cd-one with the daemon tools..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

15 euro!!!???

Goddamn. I paid 40.
    In one month it dropped 25 euro. Im really confused.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by fluffer
    15 euro!!!???

Goddamn. I paid 40.
    In one month it dropped 25 euro. Im really confused.
    Got it in PC World. The pr*ts did a cr*p job in some advertisement effort, thus giving alot of new games cheaply :)

Advertisement