Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat IOL Letter...

• 31-03-2004 10:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

Esat sent me a letter informing me I was overdue for the amount of 62.47. Phoned them and they said it was a mistake and an appology letter would be sent oum.

Hmmmm ever get the feeling that Esat support are not the only department overrun with incompetant banana eating monkeys??

Well anyway if you get a similar letter dont panic... but phone up to be sure...

X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Good lord!
    A mistake?
    The universe must be broken.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ahh sure dont worry about it... the place is full of them..

Esat Business were charging us for a service they stopped providing us with over 2
    years ago, yet every month the invoice would come in.. we contacted our account
    manager there when this first started happening and he said he would sort it..

Guess he didnt.. so anyway, we never paid them, but they kept sending us a
    statement thanking us for the previous months payment and then an invoice would
    arrive then next month followed by the statement etc...

Complete Muppets..!!! :rolleyes:

Yeah the muppets charged us €57 this month for some reason.

Don't have time to waste at the moment to ring and hastle them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Originally posted by Sleipnir
    Good lord!
    A mistake?
    The universe must be broken.

Mistakes happen granted but all to often with Esat

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

What concerns me is that they have direct debit mandate to take money out of my bank account. A company cannot really afford to make mistakes when it comes to billing...

X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 robroy

Originally posted by Xcellor
    What concerns me is that they have direct debit mandate to take money out of my bank account. A company cannot really afford to make mistakes when it comes to billing...

X

Just hang on to your hat, if you can't hang on to the money in your bank account.
    There was a litany of complaints a few months ago about fictitious debits.
    In my case I was debited c. 340 euro on 24th December 2003 after I signed up for their free installation, one months free trial which switched on on 13th October. Apologies my email, yeh we'll sort it out, we'll credit you the money but no reference to the amount it should have been , ( ie 49.xx euro ) and no sign at all of a refund. But equally no subsequent debits either. I suppose it will all correct itself in 6.8 months time.
    Of course to compound the charging is the new pricing structure. I get nowhere near the Cap so there should be no excess charges.
    Does anyone else know of another organisation that gets away without sending a statement before billing?

Advertisement