Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to 1942?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Each to there own i suppose, i own both battlefield 1942 and vietnam, i can no longer play bf1942 online anymore since the 1.3 patch, seems to be more orientated towards broadband connections rather than 56k, especially desert combat

vietnam is easier to connect to and flying the helos does not feel like your dragging a box of hippos behind you when you taking off like in desert combat

Anyhoo thats my 2 cents cant play one can play the other so vietnam gets my vote for now, until BB connection again takes precedence in patches and I can no longer connect to vienam servers

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by shinzon
    Each to there own i suppose, i own both battlefield 1942 and vietnam, i can no longer play bf1942 online anymore since the 1.3 patch, seems to be more orientated towards broadband connections rather than 56k, especially desert combat

In the same boat. Its one of the biggest reasons I prefere Vietnam.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by magpie
    I have to say I loved the wide open spaces of 42, especially the desert maps... miles of room to manouevre. NOw I know Vietnam wasn't like that, but the maps do seem to encourage the running around aimlessly killing anyone I bump into style of play.

lol i'm of the opposite opinion i hate the huge maps on bf as i'm more of an infantry man and feel that vietnam is definetly more geared towards this, i know the game is meant to be vehiclely based unlike CS say but i'm happier on foot and in infantry fights.

so i hated maps like galaza (sp?) and their ilk. only recently did i find my place in larger maps as a sniper thoguh my tank and fighter skills have improved i can't do anything with the helio's in dc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Veitnam might be a infentry based game but untill they fix the whole M60/law issue and give the usa anti air weapons it will be either a usa rape fest or Nva rape fest

Its about as blanced as fox news tbh

I had 3-4 great games of Dc just there and im warming to it again its so blanced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Locutus

See:

http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/vietnam/us/editorial.jsp?src=community_update_07

The new patch 1.1 is going to change the M60/LAW kit to an M14/LAW kit - much better. Also, the M60's accuracy when fired standing or moving is going to be downgraded and upgraded when firing prone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by Locutus
    See:

http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/vietnam/us/editorial.jsp?src=community_update_07

The new patch 1.1 is going to change the M60/LAW kit to an M14/LAW kit - much better. Also, the M60's accuracy when fired standing or moving is going to be downgraded and upgraded when firing prone.
    So wot will come out first; this patch, Doom3, or HalfLife2?

Seriously; this is taken a long time, so it'd better be good. Also, it'll hopefully be lower than 600MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Me thinks vietnam wont be supported very well and this patch will be notting but a quick fix.....I think we will have to wait till BF 2 for a truely great game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah i reckon they won't really do much and the patch will probably take a good while longer to come out.
    Its about as blanced as fox news tbh

so true like

Advertisement