Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too many Stickies!

• 31-03-2004 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A small request to the mods/whoever of this group:

Any chance of reducing the number of stickies or combining them, or putting them somewhere else?

When the meat'n'two veg of the board starts half way down the shaggin' page, after 8 lines of announcements and suchlike, you really know you're part of the Nanny State.

Thanks. Less is more.

hc

Comments

lmao :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Yeah, the availibility one and the pings one could be unstickied imo. People still start new threads anyway about these.
    The newbie FAQ, Rules and Broadband TV could be merged into one big FAQ.
    Just my 2c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Couldn't agree more with the ideas posted above. Get rid of the sticky on Pings it's old. And put one sticky with rules and regs in...

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

It's gotten as bad as the technology forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ill talk to the other mod's and get back to you

oh and in the future please send a pm if you have a suggestion :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

The mods had a teleconference which included alot of sweating and gallons of ballygowan still water and we finally squished a few and merged a few to ease your viewing pleasure.

Oh and the comreg one will be gone in a week or two so that should keep it nice and neat.

Chief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Nice to see the mod's are on top of things, and working to serve us well. Congrats on the (fairly) rapid tidying up. I've been looking at all those stickies for a while wishing some would dissapear, but i never got around to mentioning it to someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Originally posted by bizmark
    Ill talk to the other mod's and get back to you

oh and in the future please send a pm if you have a suggestion :)

Hey! There's an idea for a new sticky! PM mods with suggestions at all times !!!!

:D

Thanks for the action!

hughC

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Hah,

nah generally if i receive a pm i will act on it immediately, this board runs very smoothley and that is down to its users and their interest in broadband.

Chief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

this has been a very useful thread, how about making it a sticky :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement