Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Line Rental Drop ????

Options
  • 31-03-2004 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

I have looked at the Com-Reg Site www.comreg.ie

And I cannot find any indication of a Reduction in Eircoms Line Rental of 24.18 + VAT per Month.

I thought this was being brought down to below 10.00.

Anyone Heard of this or when it is going to happen??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭dermCu

Where did you come across this info?
    Are you thinking of the Wholesale Line Rental product that will be offerded to OLO ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

ComReg announced today that the wholesale line rental will be 10% lower than the retail one.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

As SkepticOne pointed out, the other carriers will get a 10% reduction from Eircom on the line rental charge.

After several recent increases, the retail rate for a PSTN line is 19.98+vat per month.
    ESAT etc. will get this for 17.98+vat.

Don't expect too many special offers with only a 10% margin to cover the extra costs involved.

It appears that Eircom will be able to charge 9.05 euro+vat for the switchover so this will make it even less attractive.

We may get single billing but don't expect any price reductions.

Pricing details at: http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/pdfs/riopricelistv1.25marked.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Wrestlemania

Cheers Guys must have got my wires crossed..it looks as though that Eircom will be Ripping us off for many years to come...

If they want competition in Ireland they should open up all the market..incl..Line Rental and same for Mobile Phones as to be honest we are getting Well ripped off.

I want to goto UTVIP for broadband but will have to take there telephony service but also pay line rental to eircom..I would use eircom if they reduced there prices of broadband and gave similar offers as the others..Just for ease if not anything else..

I think Com-Reg are not really doing a whole lot unless it is made a law.guidelines will not always be adhered to as they are only Guidelines!!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭dermCu

Wireless broadband and VoIP...... no line rental and cheaper calls.
    Yea, I know all the drawbacks but its still a nice idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Originally posted by dermCu
    Wireless broadband and VoIP...... no line rental and cheaper calls.
    Yea, I know all the drawbacks but its still a nice idea.

ah yes, the ultimate "one fingered salute" to Eircon. one can only hope...........

Advertisement