Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voice. Who had has the greatest ?...

Options
  • 31-03-2004 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

Who had or has the greatest Singing/Speaking voice ever, up too now ?....

For me it has too be Elvis. . For singing obviously.

P. :ninja:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Al Stewart or Joni Mitchell

In terms of diction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Speaking - Orson Welles
    Singing - Mark Lanegan

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Gotta be old blue eyes doesn't it.

FRANK SINATRA

Best Voice ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pencapchew

*YAWN*
    Is there any way of preventing these annoying/boring/repetitive threads from systematically re-appearing every month or so??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Pencapchew,

Yeah, stop posting crap on them.

Anyway, Einstein - when was the last time you saw a thread with this title ?.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pencapchew

How about stop posting boring crap?...
    Just because the thread title is "different" doesn't make the topic any less repetitive.

Why don't you read the 100's of old threads that have discussed this topic over and over again?

keep up the inventive thread titles though....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Kell Him!

If you don't want to read the thread, don't. I happen to enjoy this tread. One of my favourites in months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭40crush41

paul simon and art garfunkel.. i guess garfunkel has a better voice, but its together that their amazing music is heard.. with their harmonies..

~beth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Elvis.... for those that don't believe me I suggest you download a live version of "How great thou art" and listen to the notes he hits. Either that, or a live version of "Hurt". I don't think there's ever been a better singer or possibly ever will.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I agree with the comments about Elvis. However didn't Elvis himself nominate Roy Orbison as greatest singer ever? What are people's opinions on Orbison - I think he had a bloody fantastic voice.

BrianD3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yeah Roy Orbison gets my vote. Him or Johnny Cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Bjork or Kris Rigg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by BrianD3
    I agree with the comments about Elvis. However didn't Elvis himself nominate Roy Orbison as greatest singer ever? What are people's opinions on Orbison - I think he had a bloody fantastic voice.

BrianD3

Indeed. Roy Orbison is superb as well. I reckon Elvis was very modest in terms of his own voice... he had alot of respect for his peers, including J.D Sumner who he loved. I believe J.D had the lowest bass voice? in the world. May be in the Guinness book of records. I'd still say Elvis was better than Roy Orbison... although Orbison could hit some serious notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

Skin from Skunk Anansie has an absolutely deadly voice. maybe not my favourite singer but definitly worth a mention on a thread of this nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Phil Lynott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

I have just remembered the wonderful soothing voice of Mr Alastair Cooke who broadcast a programme called " A letter from America " on BBC Radio 4 for around 46 years.

Unfortunately, he passed away a couple of days ago. I will miss his "voice" and his programme very much.

May he rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

"may he rest in peace"
    same goes for Kurt Cobain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Freddie Mercury for sheer power

Dave Matthews - Hes got a great range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

Originally posted by Squall
    Freddie Mercury for sheer power

Dave Matthews - Hes got a great range

Feddie for me too.. he was class ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

R Kelly - he is teh worlds greatest tbh tbh...

i love kurt wagners voice on 'morcheeba - what new york couples fight about'

• Advertisement
Advertisement