Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards slow as a lame donkey...?

Options
  • 31-03-2004 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone else suffering slow Boards syndrome? I was just on another mesage board which uses the same software (well v2.6 not v2.3) and its loading pages at 12-20 kbs here I'm getting 1-4 kbs. Is boards having one of its occasional server probs...?

Mike.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

No prob at my end. Same as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Does turning off the menus have any effect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How do I do that? (just killed avatars and sigs but no better)

Mike.

you need to kill javascript in your browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Try using Firefox (Mozilla). A mate uses it, and says it loads up another forum faster than IE. It may do the same here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Step one, Sell your house
    Step Two, Say goodbye
    Step Three, move to UK, America.... anywhere but Ireland
    Step Four, Buy new House, move in
    Step Five, Make "Friends"
    Step Six, get T'internet
    Step Seven, You stop bitching about slow boards.ie

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Wheat we need to do is set up a boards.ie donkey speed working group to decide _exactly_ how slow a lame donkey is. Then we'll be in a position to answer.

I switched off the javascript and its flying! :cool:

Mike.

I just remembered that I made an observation about java caching a couple of years back must find the thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65239&highlight=boards

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I find boards.ie "Minimilist" fine on my dial up.

PII 933MHz and WinXp Pro with lots of stupid built in stuff disabled, uninstalled or turned off. (Goes about as fast as a 2Ghz with a "default" install).

Your own setup can seriously affect stuff. My son in a special college Lab with big fat really fast Internet etc on brand new Workstation found he had seriously slow Webpages. Much slower even than when 3 or 4 at home using the dialup at same time (Server / Proxy/firewall in attic). Some mad obscure setting was causing it.

Advertisement