Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

availability stats and zinky dinks

Options
  • 31-03-2004 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

boss wants to be able to see the availability of a few servers and a nice graph chart to go with it (make it easy to read, and look nice in meetings heh)

I'd prefer not to install a program on each server but rather use my management server to poll the other servers, anyone recommend a decent program ,
    to show uptime etc ?

cheers,

Fionn

zinky dinks as been stuck in my head all day ,GRRRR

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Use Performance Monitor in W2K/WS03

Or you can poll the machine at intervals using WMI in a script to grab the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

WhatsUp Gold is a great tool for that kind of thing. I'm not 100% you can make graphs but an eval might tell you that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Hankster

MRTG and PRTG can do this for you too.

MRTG is free, but difficult to setup. PRTG costs €39.99 per server licence or €199.99 for a site licence, but is easy to setup. Both require SNMP be installed on the servers (or whatever devices) you wish to monitor.

And both do pretty graphs.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

Ta very much all ,

looks like MRTG is the one to go for , or perhaps perf mon ,

whatsup gold is far too expensive for earthlings,

Cheers for the ideas folks, free zinky dinks for all .

Fionn

Advertisement