Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL line splitter.

• 31-03-2004 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

I used to split my telephone line with the ADSL line splitter that came with the Eircom starter pack and it worked fine.

Unfortunately I stepped on it and as a result its f**ked. I have tried normal line splitters and they don't work, my phone works perfectly well with it but my dsl line is dead.

Its really winding me up because one of the main reasons I got DSL in was the fact that I could use the phone and be on the 'net at the same time.

Does anyone have a solution for me or know where I can get one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

you can get them in peats for about €10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Its not a splitter its a fliter..
    It filters the high frequency (DSL) and low frequency (phone) so that both can act in tandem.. Basically

And peats stock em.. Or I suppose you could try Eircom for a replacement..

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Cheers lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

I'm just wondering, I've never plugged the filters in but can use DSL/Phone simultaneously. Do the filters make much of a difference?

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

Without the line filter/splitter installed, you get crackle on the voice and disconnects/retrains on the ADSL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Konix

I think it filters out interference....dosnt stop DSL from atually working though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

The filter reduces the volume of the DSL frequencies stopping them from being picked up on your phone/fax.

The line for the ADSL should be just a straight through wiring.

So if there's noise on your phone line, or caller id is having problems then you might want to use the filter.

It won't make your internet connection any quicker / cheaper / whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Konix

Yeah i knew it was something like that :P
    I often dont use the filter for phones when i get lazy. The Dual filter is handy if you wanna use both DSL and phone in the same socket though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

aparently a lot of the newer phones dont need filters, they must have internal ones fitted or just nt as succeptable to interference.

Advertisement