Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering a Widescreen TV from hificomponents.de ?

Options
  • 31-03-2004 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Anybody used www.hificomponents.de to order a widescreen TV (or other items) and how did it go?

They have some nice prices on Panasonics, even if you have to add euro 100 for transportation!

I am presuming the german models have the same tuning frequencies as Ireland (I know UK models don't have the full spectrum), does anybody know is this definitely the case?

Any other websites or dealers recommended?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

They have the Panasonic TX32PD30 for 1330 euros. Thats about a grand cheaper than here. Theres a Panasonic store in Limerick and its on sale for 2399.

Havent used them but definitely will soon to buy that TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Did I read on here about a week ago that Powercity were doing a Philips 32" Flat/Widescreen at a very cheap special price. I have tried finding the thread without success?....

P. :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Originally posted by bucks73
    They have the Panasonic TX32PD30 for 1330 euros. Thats about a grand cheaper than here. Theres a Panasonic store in Limerick and its on sale for 2399.

Havent used them but definitely will soon to buy that TV.

Lemme know how you get on. Have been promising myself a PD30 since it came out. Thats an incredible price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

AFAIK, others have dealt successfully with them but I unfortunately had a nightmarish experience with them about 2 years ago.

It was finally resolved satisfactorily but after several months, numerous calls (expensive) & dozens of e-mails (most of which went unanswered).

No credit card payment facility either, just bank transfer. I'd also check with Panasonic on the warranty.

Not sure about the tuner fitted etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭combs

Do most people actually need to worry about the tuner though, since DVD, digibox etc. go to the SCART sockets? On a separate issue, does the PD30 do progressive scan at 60Hz as well as 50Hz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭davmigil

Good point combs. I'm on cable, but when my renewal is up I'll probably switch to sky digital. I suppose one can always use the VCR to tune in the stations. Would mean could shop around for good UK prices.

Thanks Kramer for the feedback, that's the kind of thing I was worried about when ordering. I see from another thread that you have to be wary with them that they actually have the goods in stock, as else they can keep you hanging on. Though from my experience many dealers are guilty of same.

Hopefully warranty no longer such issue as all in E.U. now... but no harm to make sure.

Advertisement