Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Game that Changed English Football for good.

• 31-03-2004 5:46pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have been saying this for a while now...what game am I going on about....Last season the Game between Liverpool and Chelsea for the 4th CL place.Thats right the game I am talking about did not involve Man You or even Arsenal.Why was the Chelsea Liverpool game so important...well if Chelsea had not of won that game they would not have been in the CL this season and the Russian Mafia would not have taken over.So it could pan out in the years ahead that the most inportant game in years was in fact for 4th.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

it is too early to tell and about about those thai's that are supposed to take over liverpool!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Dub13
    I have been saying this for a while now...what game am I going on about....Last season the Game between Liverpool and Chelsea for the 4th CL place.Thats right the game I am talking about did not involve Man You or even Arsenal.Why was the Chelsea Liverpool game so important...well if Chelsea had not of won that game they would not have been in the CL this season and the Russian Mafia would not have taken over.So it could pan out in the years ahead that the most inportant game in years was in fact for 4th.
    I'd say most of us have thought about this at one time or another but why 4th place? why didn't he take over Newcastle? I think he had is sights set for Chelsea well before it TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I agree to a lot of that

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

one has to think were Chelsea would be now if he did not take over....they were in a mess this time last year nearly as bad as Leeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Nothing to do with that really. He had eyed up 3 english clubs (chelsea, spurs and villa) and went for Chelsea but had already decided all this before the end of the season. Reason he went for them I believe was because it would be the easiest to buy out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭TheC0CK

Nightstrike is in fact correct. He looked at a host of clubs in England including Utd and Chelsea was the best option from a financial point of view. They are a London team with a great stadium and have potential and are fulfilling it for as a long as Ranieri "eeeeeeets ok" is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GreatKingRat

And coming from such a grim country, he surely knew that no-one in their right mind would welcome a move to the midlands (Villa?!) or the north, it had to be a London club. I couldnt see Mutu, Crespo et al jumping at the chance to leave Italy and live in Birmingham(!)

Advertisement