Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who owns Phantom?

Options
  • 31-03-2004 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Just curious - it's a great little station and I wondered who was behind it/who funded it. Anyone know? I heard that MCD Concerts owned it but that seems hard to believe.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

MCD concerts does not own Phantom FM!

Have a look at the history of the station in the About section of the web site.

http://www.phantomfm.com/about/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Justin G

Hi Brian

Thanks for the reply and the pointer - I like the picture of the garden shed!

But u still didnt answer my question - who actually owns phantom? I see that youse will be applying for a rock licence - if someone like MCD (who owned a good bit of today-fm before selling it on) or say TV3 oir even Hot Press wants to get involved, will ye let them?

CHeers - great station by the way, just what Dublin and Ireland needs right now

Justin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

hmmm could this be justin green?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

isn't it obvoise who owns phatom??

read the truth! David Icke knows! 6 foot lizard Jews from space! it's so simple how has no one see this!

tell the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Originally posted by Justin G
    Just curious - it's a great little station and I wondered who was behind it/who funded it.

I am /I do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Groovy Mover

Somehow Mr Green I can't see Phantom giving MCD a sliece of the cake!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ozone6280

originally Pete Reed and ger row of coast fm started it . Now I think its no one person its a collection of people with the same goal each specalising in different parts of the goal. The main aim is to bring indie music to the listeners of Dublin and the world. Someday I can see stations around Ireland taking some programs off Phantom rather than getting their own djs to do indie music. Im sure Phantom wouldnt mind this. This happens alot in the USA and other parts of the world. Would the goverment in Ireland alow this ?

EMI jettisons 1,500 jobs and 200 acts

the article says "Little-known acts in the US and mainland Europe will have to look for new record deals as EMI concentrates its resources on big sellers such as Norah Jones, Radiohead and Robbie Williams"
    read this article

http://www.radiowavesforum.com/rw/showthread.php?threadid=6942&highlight=emi

This is why we need Phantom fm to tell us about these new as they call them little known bands. If they warnt around who would let us know of these bands .......

Sorry I got off the subject .... Maybe Ger could answer your question sometime on media beacon .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Justin G

> Somehow Mr Green I can't see Phantom giving MCD a sliece of the cake!!

I hear from some anoraks that MCD are going after the alternative rock licence when it comes up for grabs and looking around for consortiums to get involved with.

Others looking for consortiums to jump into bed with include TV3 and Hot Press.

Anyone know if Phantom have been approached?

justin

Advertisement