Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customers charter

• 31-03-2004 9:14pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Someone in the IOL thread suggested taking some action so I wonder is anyone interested in drafting a customer's charter that we could jointly submit from boards to the ISP's? Maybe if we got our act together we could interest the Sunday Business Post or one of the other papers in it. Surely the ISP's would not welcome the bad publicity. Wasnt the SBP on a while ago asking for broadband experiences?

Anyways here are some basic points I think we should demand;

1. A decent service with speeds and pings which the ISP's aim for clarified by the ISP's

2. Proper communication system when there are breakdowns including what has happened and when normal service is likely to be restored.

3. Telephone support lines with updated messages on the situation.

4. Telephone support lines that answer within x minutes ( I know this is difficult to get but some of the waiting times reported here are ludicrous)

anyways I also think that we should accompany the charter with a threat to cancel our direct debits unless customer serice is dramatically improved.

At the moment we are being treated like idiots by the ISP's it is as simple as that so we have to do something.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Originally posted by dub45

anyways I also think that we should accompany the charter with a threat to cancel our direct debits unless customer serice is dramatically improved.

Em I agree with everything else u said but threating to cancel is just going to just cause them to go ok then cancel. If you send it to every isp then where do u go if we all cancel?

Other than that the charter is a good idea as is getting as mnay people as possible involved in it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by Ryaner
    Em I agree with everything else u said but threating to cancel is just going to just cause them to go ok then cancel. If you send it to every isp then where do u go if we all cancel?

Other than that the charter is a good idea as is getting as mnay people as possible involved in it.

I know that actually cancelling a dd would be a big step but it would still be nice to accompany any charter with such a threat. A headling in Sunday Business Post that read angry bb customers fed up with poor quality service have drawn up a cusomter charter and are threatening the ISP's with canceallation of subscriptions or someething like that anyways:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

1. A decent service with speeds and pings which the ISP's aim for clarified by the ISP's
    What they aim for is pretty irrelavant, it's what they deliver that matters. But it's impossible for them to make any guarentees because of contention and the fact the service is delivered on a network that's not their own (with the exception of eircom of course).

The other three should be standard for all ISP's alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

I know that actually cancelling a dd would be a big step but it would still be nice to accompany any charter with such a threat. A headling in Sunday Business Post that read angry bb customers fed up with poor quality service have drawn up a cusomter charter and are threatening the ISP's with canceallation of subscriptions or someething like that anyways:)

While I do think this is a good way to gain notice, it is only going to gain notice within Ireland. Also I'm thinking the ISP's would just call our bluff on it anyway.

If we had enough people involved then if would be doable as we could all cancel and do a group BB scheme (I'm aware enough people from each area would be near impossible but we can always hope)

Advertisement