Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voyeurs, Marshal Stars, Stranded Circus...

Options
  • 31-03-2004 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭

Temple Bar Music Centre
    Thursday April 8th

The Voyeurs
    The Marshal Stars
    The Stranded Circus
    Panda Kopanda
    Chippo [the monkey]

+ shuffle djs in the bar.

Adm Free
    Doors 8pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

the marshal stars are class, hopefully make it along to this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

Yeah I think I'll go to that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Good stuff, was gonna ask you if we were going to this anyway. :D
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

The Stranded Circus are a pretty tight act!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Originally posted by syke
    The Stranded Circus are a pretty tight act!

The Marshal Stars played at the last Noise Party in the TBMC - they were as tight as fcuk and rocked very, very hard.... in a gentle way.

Anyone who has heard The Voyeurs before knows just how good they are, especially live.

Panda Kopanda are coming down from up north, where they're regarded as one of the finest indie outfits up there... and thats saying alot because they sure now how to indie-rock in them there parts.

Did I mention this is free... I gotta start making some money soon.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ba oom bop didi

yeah marshall stars were pretty damn good at that party, their not the band i most wanna see at this though:p

Originally posted by spoiltbrat
    The Marshal Stars played at the last Noise Party in the TBMC - they were as tight as fcuk and rocked very, very hard.... in a gentle way.

;)

The one the66e played at?
    I think I saw them......I was thinking that the name sounded familiar. :D
    Are they the Mogwai-esque band?
    Whoever they were, I thought they were great. :D (Hope it's them, and sorry if I'm offending anyone by comparing them to Mogwai, I only caught part of their set :dunno: ).
    xxx me

Originally posted by memaeve
    The one the66e played at?

Are they the Mogwai-esque band?

Yeah it was the 66e one but the band you're thinkind of are Martha Washington - also an excellent band.

The Marshal Stars were the 2nd band on - I don't think you caught them. I think they used to be in a band called Ely.

Ah ok, thanks for that.
    Sure, I'll find out tomorrow whether I like them or not anyway. :D
    xm

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that the gig will be finished in time for everyone to get the last bus if they so desire.

Did I mention its also free and that there's loads of free booze?*

*part of the above statement may be untrue - specifically the part about free booze.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by spoiltbrat
    *part of the above statement may be untrue - specifically the part about free booze.
    *Lucy chooses to ignore the above statement*

Excellent, see you there :)

The Voyeurs were very impressive-even better than I remembered them to be :)
    I also really enjoyed watching the Standard Circus and Marshal Stars. Both bands put on a fantastic live show. I'm interested to see if that energy transfers onto cd. Either way, I'll def be looking out for them in the future.

As a bonus, the drunk man who got up to dance towards the end provided us with some top class entertainment! Unfortunatley I was too sick and tired to join him :( .
    Maybe next time...:D

Indeed, nest time....:D
    MONDAY!! WOOOHOOOO!!! :D:D:D

I thought pretty much the same about the bands as Luce here did so I'm not gonna bother repeating all that.
    But re: the Marshal Stars CD: "What's yours is mine but what's mine is just for me"
    ---- what a line! Brilliant stuff!

Love Michael's voice and also the singer from The Stranded Circus' voice.
    Great stuff.

xm

Advertisement