Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help, Blue Screen Of Death!!!

Options
  • 31-03-2004 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

:confused:

Was having some trouble with nero and decided to open the case and take all my drives out to set the jumpers to master and slave, previously cable select.
    Went trough post sreen normally and then windows started loading and BSOD showed for a second before a reboot.
    I tried booting windows in safe mode but it does the same thing.
    I changed all the jumpers to what they where but that didn't work, starting with just my hd connected didn't work either.
    Cleared cmos but nothing improved, so i'm wondering could it be a hardware problem?
    I'm going to do a reinstall of windows at the weekend unless any of you's have have any ideas that might work.
    here's some of the spec:

AMD Xp 2500 (stock speed) (tried underclocking it as i was getting bsof when i was overclocking it ages ago)
    512Mb ram (pc3200)
    asus a7n8x-e deluxe
    1X ide hd (with windows Xp one it)
    1X sata hd (with al my music programs etc backed up on it)
    1X cd-rw drive (reason this al started)
    1X dvd drive
    geforce 4 ti (hardly causing anyproblems)

thanks,

jozi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

What is the blue screen error code?

0x7?

Can you provide the error details here please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Because he's got auto-reboot on BSOD enabled (default I think) the info is not readily available. It's strange that it's happening in safe mode too. Here's what I'd do.

Strip down the machine again (including individual memory sticks). Detach drive cables and start off with just the IDE HD and minimum amount of memory. Try to boot up then. If this works then shutdown and add on the rest of your memory. Repeat this incremental rebuild until to find the errant hardware.

If, however, you're still in trouble with even a simple minumum config it looks like your in for a repair install and possible a reformat/re-install. The repair install might do the trick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Jozi here,

Striped down whole pc but it wouldn't work.
    ended up putting my hd in the other pc to back up some stuff and i then reinstalled windows all seems fine now little quicker booting to!
    jozi

Advertisement