Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Genre Movie You Saw in 2003

• 01-04-2004 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭

Didn't want to clog up the Ginger Snaps thread too much with 'Underworld' bashing ;)

As bad as the movie was, I think 'Cabin Fever' stands out in my mind as a particularly low point for horror movies last year. Talk about unjustified hype. I was incredibly bored sitting in the cinema, it just seemed to go on forever. It's cheap gore, terrible acting & awful attempts at humour did not impress me at all!

Anyone else wanna put forward some bad horror movies they saw last year, either in the cinema or on DVD?

Apologies in advance if there's been a thread about this already! :cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Texas Chainsaw Massacre. If it wasn't for so much wet t-shirt action it would have been one of the worst films I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Don't agree re: Cabin Fever. I enjoyed the gore and humour (but that might just be me).

Darkness Falls was particularly bad imho. Was that 2003?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I enjoyed the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake. Rented it again on DVD there last week, it doesn't stand up well to repeat viewings that's for sure. Jessica Biel's wet t-shirt is quite impressive towards the end hehe

Darkness Falls was 2003 yeah. Fairly crap altogether, but then I wasn't expecting much from it.
    I disliked Cabin Fever the most because I had high hopes for it, and it just didn't do anything right imo *shrug*

Each to their own I suppose :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Jeepers Crappers 2 or Wrong Turn stand out in my mind as being particularly dire. The Texas Chainsaw remake I refuse to even think about, so little did I enjoy it. I have it mentally filed under "torture devices" rather than "horror films". To think it was based on a film that I actually enjoyed for its sheer dementedness....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Id go for jeepers creepers 2 and darkness falls , uggg so bad. Really liked cabin fever , current fav is Dawn remake.

• Advertisement

Jeepers Creepers 2 was the worst horror film I saw last year.
    Strange that no one has mentioned House of a 1000 Corpses. I hope to see it tomorrow.

I actually forgot about Jeepers Creepers 2! I only saw it recently on DVD so I wasn't thinking of it as 2003 stuff. I thought it was pretty damn terrible, definitely the worst movie I've rented this year, but I think Cabin Fever edges it for worst horror movie of 2003 imo.

I'm surprised so many ppl disliked Texas Chainsaw remake. It was better than I expected really. With Wrong Turn out last summer, I felt like I'd already seen a Texas Chainsaw remake well before the 'official' product was released @ Halloween. I enjoyed the remake in parts, but I can't imagine wanting to revisit it for a 3rd viewing anytime soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

If Underworld counts as horror in any sense other than the agony of enduring it, then thats my pick. Otherwise Identity, which was neither clever, scary or watchable and we were beaten over the head with both twists from the start. The saddest part being how good the actors in it were. Its telling that a film starring John Cusack, Ray Liotta, Jake Busey and Amanda Peet still isn't any good...

I thought 'Identity' was passable... then again I watched it right after 'Jeepers Creepers 2' on DVD, so it prob got a boost because of that ;)

Advertisement