Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looks like utv are going to get there Usage meter back up and running

• 01-04-2004 12:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Just logged onto my account there now and noticed they have the outgoing and incoming usage meter in place.does your uploads effect your download bandwith?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Oddly its showing 0 and 0 for me at the moment and I know I left some downloads running overnight. I wonder how often or even if it will be udated.

Of course considering the date it could be UTVs little joke :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

0/0 here too. I've downloaded about 60MB since midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

New meter is showing uploads aswell eh? Heres hoping they haven't decided to go all Nazi on us and start deducting our uploads from the cap.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If the service stays as bad as it is those zeros will be pretty stable I guess! Does the meter show minus figures? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

will people be able to check there meter today and tell me if it wrong cause mine is.
    it aint because its 0/0 its cause they have me down for download 467mb and i only got 138.07mb from the 1st.

• Advertisement

mine's wrong to the tune of about 150MB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

thanks for that mate cause they can go scr*w them selves if they dare charge me for going over or they will be disolving my contract. I dont take this sh*t. I can accept bad download speed for awhile since i only been on it since the 16th of March. But overcharging me for a sh*t service and them being wrong is a bit to much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Stephen
    mine's wrong to the tune of about 150MB

Same here... about 100mb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

Mine shows that i downloaded 26MB last night....

Which is exactly right considering the 26 k (sub modem!) sppeds i was connecting at.

If they have not sorted the problem by when i get home tonight I will be acancelling the contract and demanding a full refund of all costs under the 1980 sale of ogoods and supply of services act we are all entitled to to this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭DecTenToo

Well, mine shows 0 - and I did download a bit last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Now I'm showing

Your current bandwidth usage this month is:

Incoming: 1062.7MB
    Outgoing: 797.3MB

Now I have a few downloads running so the numbers are possible though I have to say I'll be quite pleased if they're accurate as it usually takes longer than that on for me to get near that much down.

I understand that the usage page is still in testing and that no customers
    will be charged using that data alone.

Sorry for the scare.

Charles

Advertisement