Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you still playing snake on Nokias and whats ur highes score!

• 01-04-2004 1:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

myself finds its great when on the pot and u got nowt to read!

aint got over about 300 though i think

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

High score is 704, haven't played it in about 2 years.

My better half managed to fill the entire screen with a snake and the game just stopped. I don't think she's played it since, though I managed to get her playing Tetris for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

The top score on Snake II on me ould 3310 at the moment is 2158!! :eek: I didnt get it though, one of the girls I used to work with did,some people have too much feckin' time on their hands! My highest would be around 800-ish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

highest I ever got was 1820 - though hopefully I might beat that some day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I still play Snake on the 3310 occasionally, my high score is pathetic though. I got the 3510i recently and the games on it are crap, makes me appreciate snake all the more!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

circa 2.5k but I traded in my nokia for a spanky sl55 :) haven't played it since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

2814. Too much time on my hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

2058 is my highest...

It's a great way to waste away the time whilst waiting for the dart home in the evenings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭sunbeam

917 on my 3210, 2028 on Snake II on my 6210.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭lukeUCD

still play it the odd time when im waitin for a bus or sumthg on snake 2 my top score is 1900!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 the savior

Originally posted by littleninja
    2058 is my highest...

wow thats pretty amazing any way old snake rules

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

On my old 3310 had a sore of 1800 odd
    Now on my 6510 my top score is 1467. Keys are too small and tightly packed to get a higher score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

You know there are a few java versions of snake out there, so you two guys with the sl55 and the 3510i aren't banished forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Snake II - High score 3791

Ended up with nearly half the screen full just continually looping top-bottom and shifting left one space each time.... Waaayyy too much time on my hands :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

I'm gobsmacked that something that only came out about 4 years ago is already in the All Things Retro forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

snake is retro now?!

god help us all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Originally posted by sceptre

My better half managed to fill the entire screen with a snake and the game just stopped.

I did that too...it takes time and patience, and good thumbs!

I can't believe either that snake is retro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

1300 odd on my 3210.
    I only played it so I could have a higher score than one of my mates and when I broke 1000 I quit.
    Anyway it fucked up my #6 and #2 keys and it kills the battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Nah, snake has been around a long, long time. The old skool nerds were playing snake when I was still in nappies.

And I'm 21.

Just not on their mobile phones, ya understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

Originally posted by sceptre
    High score is 704, haven't played it in about 2 years.

My better half managed to fill the entire screen with a snake and the game just stopped. I don't think she's played it since, though I managed to get her playing Tetris for a while.

I did that as well, that top score was done in that precise way, as I said, it's great for when you're waiting for the dart in the evening :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Originally posted by neuro-praxis
    Nah, snake has been around a long, long time. The old skool nerds were playing snake when I was still in nappies.

And I'm 21.

Just not on their mobile phones, ya understand.

Yeah back then mobile phones were the size of cars and only the six richest kings of europe could afford them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Bah! Snake lost its coolness after SnakeII . Then those 3310 owning bast*rds would brag to us 3210 coolies about how they can go through walls and collect these animals that would give em 50 points etc. Old school is better kids..

My score on l33t snake, that being Snake 1 is 1080 (Level 9 which is 120 APPLES)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

there was rumours that if u got over 1000 on snake u got 10 pound free credit or something from eircell, probably just a myth :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

No ruu that was tru but it was a fiver!my frend got it i was raving for ages but i was on the bus to skool 1 day and managed to get 2856 i tink well it was close to that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I got about 1000 on snake 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

seansouth wrote:
    I did that too...it takes time and patience, and good thumbs!

I can't believe either that snake is retro!

Brilliant - I'd love to be able to do that and fill the screen. Anyone use the mazes - I find them impossible.

I actually have to use a Nokia 3310 at the moment. I had gotten a picture phone for myself but my daughter "got around" me to swap phones. Was suppossed to be only temporary but she still has my picture phone a few months later. So I have a scooby doo phone cover and Shakira ringtone :o . My daughter's top score is 1034 in Snake II and for Space Impact its 2945. I still havn't managed to beat her despite playing it quite a lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭fletch

I got 1200 n sumfin....can't remember the exact figure on a Nokia 3210 (the original and best snake) I completely filled the screen on level 6. The front of the snake caught up with the tail! Never been able to do it on any level above 6 tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

anyone remember nibbles now that was a snake game.

anyone remember nibbles now that was a snake game

I LOVED that game back in the day. But you really needed two people to play...one to shoot and one to control the movement of the snake....any ideas where I could get it? I remember playin that when I was about 8yrs old

Got confused with a game called Snipe...used to love it. Although I did love nibbles aswell. Does anyone know where I could get a copy of Snipe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Top Score: 1,958 (Snake II, Nokia 3310)

Advertisement