Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is the Nokia 6600 coming out here?

Options
  • 01-04-2004 8:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Its being on O2 in the UK since last October, when are O2 in Ireland going to get thier act in gear?? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Saw a Nokia ad for it in the Business Post last week .... so probably in the next six weeks or so.

I've had mine since December (I'm grrrrreat!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I emailed customer care asking when it would be supported. Got a reply today that basically said they are testing the software and they are waiting on a response from Nokia.

In my email I pointed out that UK has it and Meteor here just introduced it but that went over their head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sarahdb83

I have seen the in the carphone warehouse in Henry St. They were 550 euro last time I was there. Think they are sim free but not definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

They are sim free in CPW. Don't pay 550 euro for it ... you can get it cheaper elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Buckfast
    I've had mine since December (I'm grrrrreat!!)

Me too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's just been released on meteor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭dermoto

Originally posted by rymus
    Me too :D
    me three!
    arent they just the business?
    I cant think of the last gadget i bought which i still loved like mad 5 months after I bought it, like as if i just bought it yesterday,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Keypad is fsking awful on them though. spongy and no definition between keys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

U guys r nothin i have had mine since OCTOBER!!! AND I HAVE BEEN TEARING MY HAIR OUT WITH O2 ABOUT SUPPORT SINCE!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yoman

CPW just said that O2 are not releasing it till Mid July!!

O2 says the beginning of June!!

Wish they would make up thier mind!, How hard can it be to setup a WAP 2.0 gateway anyway!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

[RANT]
    The range of phones that phone stores carry is very small here in Ireland, for a nation of people who love their phones it seems a bit weird. If you cross the border up to Newry the phone stores have most of the latest model and great prices, so frustrating!!!

I went into a few stores in Dublin at the weekend and the only Series 60/Symbian phone i saw was the ngage and there wasn't too many of those around. My 7650 is getting a bit long in the tooth so I want to replace him, I would really like the 6600 but it is far too expensive maybe the 3660 would be a bit cheaper :confused:
    [/RANT]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

meteor list the 6600 and O2 list the 3660 - might be best to call a store and ask what the story is / pricing etc...

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

What also gets me really goin is the fact that when you log into o2.ie they have a picture some gimp with a NOKIA 6600 - is this advertising the fact that they support this phone!!??

Advertisement