Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splinter Cell 2 Pandora Tomorrow !! IS A JOKE!!

Options
  • 01-04-2004 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Morning Everybody,
    Just Thought i'd post my feelings on the new xbox game. I bought the game on last friday and thought it was brilliant but last night after a total of only 18 hours gameplay since friday i beat the game. The game this time had no depth whatsoever and as for the ending it had to be the worst ending ever, the last level was childsplay. Having beat it i feel insulted by the lack of effort put into the game its geared totally towards multiplayer and xbox live. Please do not buy this its seriously not worth giving ubisoft more money to sit on their arses to churn another crap game. In five minutes i am catching the bus to town and getting me money back.

Yours In Gaming

Big Willy

Note: Splinter Cell 1 was the best game i'd have ever played which led me to believe that this offering would be outstanding.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Ya my bro fininsed it on the pc in 2 days,hopefully the multiplayer will give it a longer lifespan.:(

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Don't know too much on the single player - as I've only completed level 1. But multiplayer is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

18hrs isnt too bad?
    Better than some games which only last 5 or 6 of none stop play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If a game doesn't result in me looking at my watch later and thinking "Hey- where did summer go?" then frankly it's not worth buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Im heading out to buy it for PC tommorow. And having played both the single and multiplayer demo's, I doubt Im going to touch the single player mode. It was good, but multi was incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

18 hours is good
    the last 2 games i played were around 10 hours and i liked them both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭GiMiC

I found the first Splinter Cell to be ridiculously easy on the PC, but that's its only flaw. I'm still looking forward to the sequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

iirc, Pandora Tomorrow isn't the sequel to SC...more an expansion to the original with a proper sequel due out later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

If you are looking for a game with long gameplay time i suggest Ninja Gaiden. Although i would consider anything above 15 hours as being a long game these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

I presume it's still fairly tricky on the xbox with the checkpoint system in place? I loved that system, it made the game infinitely more tense than it's pc counterpart. How can you make the pc version truely hard when you can quick save ad infinitum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

me wishes more games were 18hours long.

where this game shines is it's multiplayer, would be class if there was an irish server set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Having played 1 player mode of Splinter pretty much all weekend. I have to disagree with you - its a fantastic game, not half as linear as the original game and bloody hard too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Roller Toaster
    How can you make the pc version truely hard when you can quick save ad infinitum?

When you quicksave at the wrong point and realise you have to start from the beginning to correct it.

Played it all day Sunday. Very good game, can't wait to try multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Originally posted by Roller Toaster
    I presume it's still fairly tricky on the xbox with the checkpoint system in place? I loved that system, it made the game infinitely more tense than it's pc counterpart. How can you make the pc version truely hard when you can quick save ad infinitum?

disipline, if you don't want quicksave, don't use it
    personally, while i'm certainly not a fan a walk 5 seconds, quicksave, walk 5 seconds, repeat etc, i think having the option is good
    repeating easy parts over and over to get to the hard part is time consuming and very annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

18 hours is a decent length for a game ... not all of us can play it non-stop for a weekend you know ;) If you figure one hour or two a few nights a week due to other commitments you've got a month of playability there.

On a completely different note, I'd say Far Cry on the PC is a better game but that's up for discussion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

18 hours? I havent played the second one and dont really intend to, but I finishedt he first one in about 12 or 13 hours play time, the second one cant be even shorter can it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I beat the game. A bit easy TBH.

The multiplayer is good though, although is it only 4 player? :(

The mercs are limited in where they can go but have the advantage I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Single-player is much too easy, play it on "Hard" to make it last. Multiplayer is only 4-player. Mercs don't have an advantage over Spies, it just seems that way - it greatly depends on the skill of your opponent.

I've played as Merc and got badly beaten by a couple of spies who knew exactly what they were doing, i.e. sticking to the shadows, staying out of sight, and if they were to take you down, this is where teamwork really counts - one shocks you, the other smoke grenades you and knocks you out, or comes up behind you, gets you in a hold and breaks your neck :ninja:

The Merc seems easier to play with as he has firepower on his side (assault rifle does much more damage with the new 1.1 patch, so stay well away if you're a spy) but you have to play in a seperate frame of mind for the spy - co-ordinate with your teammate, only attack if you have to, and... stay out of sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Can't start SCPT on the pc meets all the specs but when it starts it says CD/DVD emulation found please disable and re-start game???? I have uninstalled every cd/dvd back-up program program I have and re-installed SCPT but to no avail anyone have same problem?? :mad:

Advertisement