Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb enters Irish DSL market

Options
  • 01-04-2004 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭

Story is on ENN here

€38.99 per month with a 10 gig cap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Their 45 a month ex vat offering seems rather nice the only thing i dont really like is the 12 month contract, i assume they are re selling eircoms products?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

err can anyone confirm or deny that digiweb are reselling eircoms products, cause ive just put my line into there checker and it passes, needless to say ive ordered it from there and it allowed me to actually order it with my eircom account number

It does warn that a line may still not be able to be activated even passing with the online checker, which probabaly means that theyve just picked up that im on an enabled exchange.

Nuttz i didnt think of that, oh well hopes dashed again

Shin

expects call from digiweb anytime now to say your up the creek without a paddle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

What does it say when you enter your account details on Eircom's site? If you are failing there then you will also fail on digiweb or UTV or IOL or any of the other resellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Originally posted by Asok
    i assume they are re selling eircoms products?

Looks like it, but where does this leave their wireless network - will this serve towns that don't have or can't have DSL?

its only after i thought about it, digiweb probably just doesnt have eircoms Cd database yet, so all the lines are passing at the moment

all i did was put in the number in the checker, said it passed and do you want to order, put the order in with my eircom account number, they said theyd send out a DD form to me and in ten days youll get it

All the checker picked up was that the line was on an enabled exchange, heres the confirmation e-mail though

Your DSL Service Order for has been successfully received. Your order reference number is the phone number above. If you need to contact us regarding this order, please quote the above phone number. Next Steps:
    We will send you a direct debit mandate / proforma invoice as selected
    Please complete the mandate / return the cheque as soon as possible, and we will process your order on receipt
    Assuming there is no problem your line will be activated within 10 days
    You will receive your modem and installation instructions by courier delivery within 2 days of your line activation.
    Install the modem and line filters and you’ll be surfing at broadband speed in minutes !
    Our support agents will be available should you need a hand

Line is still failing on eircoms website, so nothing will come of this, just got a bit excited when the checker said it passed thats all

Shin

QUICK UPDATE

And I mean very quick, Just checked the line again with the online checker with DIGIWEB the line is now failing the TEST, whoever looked at this thread from eircom I applaud your tenacity in denying BB to me again you BASTARDS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

What I still do not understand is if you want broadband that bad, why don't you share a neighbours connection, and use wireless? Less than 200 euros of kit on each end will easily carry you up to 10 miles, probably at 11mbps too.

yes i have been looking into that also and believe me its a bloody minefield, after repeated calls for a los test to be done with the Waterford Wan people ive gotten absolutely nowhere with them, no one on the dunmore road seems to have any form of dsl i could hop off of

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

According to their website here the 45+vat offering is 24:1 512/256 ADSL and not RADSL.Good deal if it ain't a typo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Have you not tried Digiweb Wireless, their prices are the same as Eircom isnt it?

Originally posted by neokenzo
    Have you not tried Digiweb Wireless, their prices are the same as Eircom isnt it?

just checked the wireless part of the digiweb site, only thing to do with waterford is in tramore and thats in pre-launch atm

shin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

it is RADSL

Notes:
    RADSL – Digiweb DSL uses RADSL technology. This allows us service customers further from the exchange than plain old ADSL. The service will automatically adapt its speed to deliver service to customers further out or on poorer quality phone lines, thus the speeds quoted are the maximum service speeds achievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Just stating that Eircom don't have a 512/256 RADSL package.Only their 512/128 is RADSL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Threads merged.

Advertisement