Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scholes is going to AC Milan ....

• 01-04-2004 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Ah an oul April Fool there lads ....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Originally posted by adeldorf
    Ah an oul April Fool there lads ....

good thing for Scholes, he wouldn't make the team.
    (This is not a joke).

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Yawn...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

And Gattuso going the other way, with Davids to be brought back to replace Gattuso.

Love to see Gattuso at united! ah well.....

Originally posted by johnor
    And Gattuso going the other way, with Davids to be brought back to replace Gattuso.

Love to see Gattuso at united! ah well.....

Reno will never leave Milan!!!

He is going to be our next captian, just you wait and see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Originally posted by Seaneh
    good thing for Scholes, he wouldn't make the team.
    (This is not a joke).
    will ya go away he'd walk onto any team sheet!!!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by woosaysdan
    will ya go away he'd walk onto any team sheet!!!

Seedorf, Kaka, Pirlo and Gattauso wouldn't agree with you on that one. and neither would I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

scholes is one of the best mid fielders in europe and you are saying that he wouldnt get on that team yeah right

Originally posted by woosaysdan
    scholes is one of the best mid fielders in europe and you are saying that he wouldnt get on that team yeah right

Yes I am saying he wouldn't get on to the Milan side.
    I don't think he is better than Pirlo or Gattauso.
    He sure isn't better thab Seedorf or Kaká.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

If Rui Costa can't make that midfield, why sould Scholes?

Originally posted by pickarooney
    If Rui Costa can't make that midfield, why sould Scholes?

That can be said about a few players at Milan, Redondo, Ambrosini and so on.

Scholes is a GOOD player, but Man Yoo fans make him out to be a GREAT player, which he isn't.
    But that's just IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

I reckon Pirlo is a little bit overrated too... Scholes is as good as him, never know could be a beckham style, gets 10 times better when he moves abroad, that said he aint going so we need not worry...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

I think Scholes would replace seedorf in any team, and Kaka looks good but lets give him a few seasons

My Da's gun is bigger than your da's gun

Scholes is a very very good player, time will tell if he's remembered as great, but one team men rarely get a look-in in the history books...

Seedorf has been one of Milans best players this season.
    That makes him one of the best players of the best team in the world.
    He has beena match winner more than once this season (Inter for example) and has't had a bad game this season.

I think Scholes is good, but he isn't Milan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Scammo

I dont think Scholes would make Milans midfield at the moment they're firing on all cylinders and i would even go as far to say they have a better midfield than Real Madrid!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Milan's midfield is possibly less creative but certainly far more solid than Real's at the moment. Having Gutiiiii and Beckham as your central midfield partnership may get you so far, but it won't win you the Champions League.*

* Will eat hat if proved wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

I'm an Arsenal fan but I'd be hard pressed to put Seedorf ahead of Scholes. Seedorf is the ultimate hot and cold player. Wait for next season! If he didn't have the ability to score from 30 yards, I think he would be back playing for Ajax now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

LOL @ Seaneh , Scholes scored 20 goals from midfield last year more than most teams entire midfield together.
    He is the best midfielder in Europe consistently scores 10-20 goals a season and done it for 7 years now.
    AC are the best team in the world but if so good why they buying more midfield players?
    Simple cos you can always be better and any team in the world would fit in Scholes either as a natural centre mid or a attacking mid.

/Not a man utd fan just like scholes a lot :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Doctor Funfrock

HAHA scholesy would walk into any team in the world:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

It was an April Fools joke. A bad one at that. He's not going to Milan, so all this talk is pointless.

We all know he'd be left on the bench anyway, might get the odd game against Ancona and whatnot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I bet some of yee united Fans think he's better than Nedved and Zidane too . ( which of course he is :rolleyes: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

hes no zizu but hes deffo the best att mid in premiership.hes also taken over verons role of creating from deep, something i doubted he could do. if he looked like beckham, he would be one of the most famous players in the world in my opinion. i also thin he would make the meelan midfield.,aybe it would look somethin like this.he is much better than pirlo.maybe pirlo and seedorf could be interchangeble depending on form.thank god he isnt leaving anytime soon anyway

KaKa

Seedorf Scholes

Gattuso

Taking Pirlo out of the Milan team would be the same as taking Viera out of the Arsenal team, or Lampard out of the Chelsea team, he is the person who starts most attacks, and he has one of the best assist rates in europe, he is Milans most important player, his ability to make a perfect 60 yard pass onto a players toe is undeniable, scholes can't do that, scholes isn't as good in defence either, pirlo is the reason Milan have been so dominent this seaso, his passes, crosses, corners and deep free-kicks have been very important, as for scholes playing instead of seedorf, I couldn't see it happening, seedorf offers a lot to the team, he is always there when needed, he is like a one man team, the opposistion never know what to do with him because they never know here he is.

Scholes is a one deminsional player, Seedorf and pirlo are world class in both attack and defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 SanFranMan

I saw some Aussies on SBS once on about top European players (they have a 6-hour weekly show with the latest from all the top leagues around the world, including the oft-ignored South American ones, so its they get a pretty comprehensive viewpoint), and the verdict on Scholes was that if he did / had ever transfer abroad, it would be a phenomenal sum of cash, and its only the fact he's never had a fee associated with his name that often leads people to underestimate him when discussing the world's best.
    He's not a star a-la Beckham, Ronaldinho, Zidane, and tends to be forgotten as a result. But I doubt many people who've played with / against him make that mistake.

Advertisement