Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with my website,please help..

Options
  • 01-04-2004 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I've recently built a website for my band,I have one major problem tho.I have put a picture in the backround of evry page but the picture changes on different resolutions.Does anyone know if there is a way to fix that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 con5

oh yeah the website is www.mendozamusic.com..forgot to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 con5

jesus im so ass at this..its www.mendozamusic.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Try posting in the Web >>>> Webmaster / Flash section under Sci /Tech for a better response!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

On the news page (and others) you use an image with text to serve as the background and text/content.. probably not a good idea.

http://www.mendozamusic.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/nsection.jpg
    has a resolution of 1064x672 .. so those with a screen resolution of less will have to scroll (down and across) , and those with a screen resolution of more will see duplicates of the image.

What you could do , is have the text as text, and not in the background image.. you could then explore the background-repeat' property of the background image.

Oh, and aaf said, this belongs in Webmaster / Flash

.cg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Best thing to do is design the site for 800x600. Center (or left align) everything so that it'll look the same under higher resolutions, just smaller.

• Advertisement
Advertisement