Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Analysis & Business Contingency Plan

Options
  • 01-04-2004 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Dunno if this is the right place to post this.

I'm wondering if anyone has any examples / templates of a risk analysis plan from an IT point of view for a company?

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭gmt

Post more details about your company/requirements/IT-details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Well it's not for my company, it's a friend of mine looking for this.

I guess it's just their whole IT structure and the risk involved from every aspect.

That's why i was asking for a template to see what is involved in this type of document.

Thanks
    Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭gmt

Have a look on techrepublic.com. They have a lot of IT-related templates.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If they have more than one site and the sites are linked then replicating data between could remove a lot of physical risk. Still at risk from something that can corrupt software though.

The main thing is Budget
    - with 0 budget your options are VERY limited.

The absolute minimum is off site data storage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I found the following very useful when I had to do something similar about a year ago

http://www.ovitztaylorgates.com/TheITSecurityEssentialsGuide.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement