Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DigiWeb's New Offer

• 01-04-2004 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of using Digiweb's 38.99 service and it has a 10GB cap..

Installation 89.99

www.digiweb.ie

reason I would rather this as the Telephony service from the rest of the Broadband Providers is not of any interest to me....

Anyone any experience with digiweb and pro's and con's.. Yes it is 8.99 more than UTVIP but maybe a little more reliable I dunno

Anyhow Comments please.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

there already was a tread started about this only 24 hours ago. No-one would have any idea what Digiweb's DSL service will be like since it was only launched yesterday. hopefully they'll be good as eircom need good quality competition, the caps of 10gb and 20gb here are a step in the right direction further pressuring eircom to hopefully increase our caps in the near future again. When you get your dsl from didiweb post your ping results to boards and jolt here so we all get an idea what the service is like and download rates etc.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=150886

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Okie Dokie....

Thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

They look like resale packages. Meaning they will probably suffer the same downtime as Esat and UTV. I don't know why you would choose to go with them though... haha but if you want to be a guinea pig by all means... we will all draw on your experiences :D

But their pings hopefully would be better than UTV (Couldn't get much worse).

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I don't know why you would choose to go with them though...

Cause 20G is better than 16? 10 is better than 8?? Or did I miss the point?! :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

They are based in Louth were I live so I may give them a chance...If I were loaded I would go for the Satellite Broadband but alas I am not :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Originally posted by BigMoose
    Cause 20G is better than 16? 10 is better than 8?? Or did I miss the point?! :ninja:
    I could be wrong here, but I couldn't see any mention of a 20gb download allowance. All they mention is a 20gb TRAFFIC allowance. Wouldn't that imply that uploads are capped as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Originally posted by Xcellor
    They look like resale packages. Meaning they will probably suffer the same downtime as Esat and UTV
    Netsource also resell packages, but I haven't suffered any downtime in the last six monthes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

1MB Servicem no limit apparently
    http://dsl.digiweb.ie/bizjetenhanced.asp
    hmmm

Max Download Speed 1 Mbps
    Max Upload Speed 256 kbps
    Traffic Allowance Unlimited
    Service Ratio 24 : 1
    Modem/Router 4-Port Ethernet Router
    Monthly Fee €89 ex vat
    Connection Fee €79 ex vat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I could be wrong here, but I couldn't see any mention of a 20gb download allowance. All they mention is a 20gb TRAFFIC allowance. Wouldn't that imply that uploads are capped as well?

Very good point. I read the site as well and dont remember it being specific. In my eager haste to assume anything new would improve the market I rashly interpreted that as 20G down! I'm sure we'll find out sooner or later... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Originally posted by MrPinK
    Netsource also resell packages, but I haven't suffered any downtime in the last six monthes.

The difference being Netsource is meant for business users and probably (I don't know for sure) you are on a completely different system to the rest of us residential users.

Regarding Digiweb if they charged the same as IOL BB then great. But they don't for the extra 4 gigs you are paying 54.45 where as IOL BB with 16 GB is only 47.00 so you have to work out whether it's worth the extra 8 euros or so for the extra download limit.

The fact is most people can get by adequately with 16 gigs unless you want to download every linux ISO there was ever released :)

Course Im not saying if an unlimited package came out at a reasonable price I wouldnt jump at it... to allow me to stretch my legs so to speak but god if you cant get what you need at the moment with 16 gb download a month then you are gonna run outta hard drive fairly soon.

X

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Course Im not saying if an unlimited package came out at a reasonable price I wouldnt jump at it... to allow me to stretch my legs so to speak but god if you cant get what you need at the moment with 16 gb download a month then you are gonna run outta hard drive fairly soon.

X

hmm I don't knwo it would take me awhile to fill 240gb with just 16gb a month limit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

its 20 GB download apparantly got a mail back from them today after i made a few enquiries

Hi xxxxxxxxx

In response to your questions the download speed for our bizjet package is 512k and upload speed is 256k. The download quota is 20Gb per month. If this is exceeded however there will be no extra charge but the service will be subject to reduced performance. There is unfortunately no discount for installation if you already have the router and filters. Normally to be connected to ADSL broadband takes 10 days from the time we receive the customer’s order. Transferring from one broadband service from another can take longer as manual changes may be required.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

hmm, if its ADSL then it'll be high pinging for gamers coz the interleving will be turned up high. 20gb is a very nice cap tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Originally posted by MrPinK
    Out of interest, do you find yourself pinging off irc servers a lot or is it just me it's happening to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Originally posted by Jorinn
    Out of interest, do you find yourself pinging off irc servers a lot or is it just me it's happening to?

Think it's just you.
    The only reason I'm still with Netsource is their fantastic reliability.

tribble

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

http://dsl.digiweb.ie/comparison.asp

Hmmm..read carefully and notice "ex vat"..meaning the service costs more. But i do like the BizJet package alot.

€54.45 a month, 24:1 contention, 20GB, and 256K upstream...that's a big plus right there.

The 128K upstream we've all got is total crap and too slow. Price is in line with Eircom's package. Overall this looks like a really good deal.

If Esat don't sort out the bullsnot with their servers i might enquire about this.

im gonna look closely how digiweb is performing over next couple of months and if its as stable as eircom including low pings then I would highly consider switching to Digiweb when my eircom contract expires next February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

They seem to be giving a lot of conflicting information. They claim to have a 512/256 ADSL package. If they're reselling from eircom, then this can't be right. Eircom don't have a 512k ADSL package anymore. From the price of it, it'd guess that it's actually eircom's 24:1 RADSL that they are reselling, but then it's 128k up and not 256k.
    and probably (I don't know for sure) you are on a completely different system to the rest of us residential users
    Netsource's service is provided in exactly the same way as utv and iol. They just seem to be better at it.

Advertisement