Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFrame text wrapping?

Options
  • 01-04-2004 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

I'm loading an external URL into an Iframe. How on earth do I get the iframe to wrap the text instead of creating horizontal scrollbars?!??

Can't find anything on the web. Or is it just not possible?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Should do so automatically. Are you sure the remote content isn't in a fixed-width table or something?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

No, no fixed width. But when I view the remote page in a new window it also has scrollbars.

There are long single line paragraphs like this:

<p>Some text under the h1. Some text under the h1. Some text under the h1. Some text under the h1. Some text under the h1. Some text under the h1. Some text under the h1. Some text under the h1.Some text under the h1. Some text under the h1. Some text under the h1. Some text under the h1.Some text under the h1. Some text under the h1. Some text under the h1. Some text under the h1. </p>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Should still wrap. Post the remote URL if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Serbian

Use the following properties on the iFrame and see if it works for you:

<iframe name="myNonScrollingIframe" src="http://my.lovely.site/&quot; frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" width="500px" height="500px"></iframe>

Obviously, the main feature of above is it sets scrolling="no".

Advertisement