Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iRiver IHP-120. Any good for jogging?

Options
  • 01-04-2004 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

I've been considering what MP3 player to buy and i've set my sights on the iRiver. I was just wondering if anyone who's bought one has used it for jogging and what it's performance is. Also any opinions on the iPod for jogging would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Never jog with a harddrive in your hand...

Now that that's out of the way, i'd say you could easily get away with some jogging with any HD based player, so long as you held it in your hand, and didnt drop it. But don't take my word on this!

An operating harddrive can only take a shock of up to 20-30G's before it is destroyed (due to the reading head hitting the disc inside the HD). So, will you be subjecting the player to that amout of force?

Remember that dropping the HD from a 1metre height onto a hard floor will create g'forces with 3 digits!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

i destroyed a hard drive once btw it was broken before i decided to play with it

Advertisement