Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury

Options
  • 01-04-2004 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Tickets go on sale at 8pm tonight for glasto....anyone else goin to this 3 day music fest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Glasto number 2 for me (hopefully) comin up.

After last year I couldnt say no.

Just thinkin about all the witness/oxygen line up slagging. Its funny how even tho you only know a few bands playin glastonbury b4hand you never hear the words glasto and **** in the same sentence!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

The faraway festival grounds are always greener!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Originally posted by Paul Clarke
    The faraway festival grounds are always greener!

ANOTHER reason to go to glantonbury i do love greeen grass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭IanluvsKathleen

would love to go. at least i may actually get a chance to go to oxygen/witnness this year cause i wont have to work for certain gaybabys....who's playing the smaller stages does anyone know. havent really been following up on it. are the mogwai boys playing

liam stole your burd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

They haven't been announced yet, but I do hope they will be.....missed them last year. :(
    xm

• Advertisement

90 minutes off hitting BACK button and

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

as the service is very busy at the moment.please try again a little later!making progress i suppose:rolleyes:

Are you using the overseas link??

I think aloud has crashed anyway from what I hear. friends are still tryin to get tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭bandy

Keep trying folks - Tickets still available. I got tickets immediately at the off but since then mates have only got through the phones. I am still awaiting the confirm email but have checked with credit card company 3 times and the money has been taken. Not surprisingly not able to get thro to aloud customer service.

Anyway from offical site>>>

Last night when Glastonbury tickets went on sale there was a phenomenal demand. Aloud.com, who sold the Madonna and Robbie Williams concerts, described the level of interest as “unprecedented”. There were over 2 million unique user hits between 7 and 8 last night – and that was before the tickets went on sale! At one minute past eight over 300,000 hit the website and that level was sustained until well after 2.00am. Tickets sold steadily through the night and are still selling. To those that have been up all night, please stick with it. At 9.00am today (Friday) 70 % of the tickets had been sold. There still are significant numbers of tickets available!

There are some 200 telephone operators staffing the ticketline 0870 830 2004 and they will be there until tickets sell out. The added security means that transactions are taking longer, but that is not the cause for the phones ringing engaged. It is simply down to the level of demand. Website sales have continued steadily through the night – the site has never gone down, but numbers have been such that it has been difficult to access the site - and if you get to aloud.com, sheer weight of number has made it very difficult to work through the sales process. However web sales are continuing steadily.

We will announce on this site when tickets sell out -
    Good luck!

Advertisement