Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Has Car Crime increased this year ?

Options
  • 01-04-2004 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

2004 has seen 5 of my friends become victims of car crime. All living throughout Dublin. In 1 case the Gardai actually got the Thugs - but let them away :confused:
    Other cases, finger prints were not even taken (this is something that really puzzles me)

Last year I only knew of 1 person whos car had a break in - my mothers A-Class. Again Gardai never took finger prints from the car, something I taught would be common practice, in case they ever did catch someone at it - they would have proof of other possible attempts.

What are other boards members views on this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by ondafly
    Has Car Crime increased this year ?
    WE won't know until the end of 2005 when the figures are published.
    Originally posted by ondafly
    Other cases, finger prints were not even taken (this is something that really puzzles me)
    No one was murdered, it would be too expensive to take finger prints with every car theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

thanks Victor for your outstanding input.

I was asking for personal views on this. Its pure laziness not to take finger prints from crime scenes. I remember years ago having our house broken into, everything was finger printed - no one was murdered.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

I would hazard a guess that 20-30 cars are stolen every night alone in dublin... I couldnt even guess how many are broken into/robbed or attempted to be robbed.. You want every single one dusted for prints along with every burgulary/serious crime...

Dont think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,377 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by Chief---
    You want every single one dusted for prints along with every burgulary/serious crime...

Yes, and it shouldn't be that expensive to do so. Problem is that it is not worth any effort at all as long as we see people with 50 previous convictions getting suspended sentences

I am not a right wing conservative, far from it, but WTF?

Imagine you're the person involved in burglaries, car theft etc. Why would you go on the straight and narrow if you're let away with it time and time again?

Crime pays...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Originally posted by Chief---
    You want every single one dusted for prints along with every burgulary/serious crime...

Dont think so.

indeed I do - it would be a step in the right direction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement