Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Default homepage in IE 6

Options
  • 01-04-2004 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Everytime I reboot my machine, the default homepage is set to a particular website - this proves quite frustrating as I have never visited that website before.

Does anyone know how I can remove this, and how to stop it from happening again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

run msconfig and go to the startup tab,just make sure you dont have any programs running(possibly viruses) that have downloaded from a certain site and keeps changin your homepage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

you got spyware

go to google / download.com - search for spy ware remover
    there is one called spybot ssearch and destroy - it's good
    install it and it should remove everything.

if you still can't change ur home page go to
    start -> run -> type: regedit

edit-> find
    enter whatever your home page is
    you should be able to change it in the key that the find returns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

yup its spyware
    ie and spyware go hand in hand
    you should consider changing browser

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

if you dont want to wait for the dowload of spyware, run regedit and search for this particular page and change the reg key to a different web site, might take about 5 mins, but saves u waiting 20-30 mins downloading spyware software

Advertisement