Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cameras in dressingrooms?

• 01-04-2004 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

i really didnt agree with the cameras going into the dressingroom after the match. as anyone knows who plays any field sport the dressingroom is a place for the team to savour the victories, mourn defeat and prepare for games, but only the team. it should be a private place?

anyone have any views on this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

In this day and age, you can only be thankful that the showers are off-limits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

Originally posted by k.oriordan
    In this day and age, you can only be thankful that the showers are off-limits.

for how much longer they will soon have spy cameras there..... i am not joking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I didn't agree with it for one, and some of the players didn't look comfortable with it either, BoD the obvious exception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Originally posted by spanner
    i really didnt agree with the cameras going into the dressingroom

It's a BAD thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

wouldnt happen if was a womens dressing room!

mmmmmmm mind you womens rugby..........maybe its ok that they wouldnt go in then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Heh BOD was lookin fairly chubby on the ol gut. Maybe its that blue stuff ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

Maybe its the 40 a day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Originally posted by Sundy
    wouldnt happen if was a womens dressing room!

mmmmmmm mind you womens rugby..........maybe its ok that they wouldnt go in then!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

ok i hold my hands up i was being styreotypical (sp?), but then again it was only a joke!

but i was right though theres no way camera's would be allowed into a female dressing room. Even in my rugby club women walk in after a game and theres zero privacy for men in the showers, cant see that being allowed to happen if it was ladies showering!

• Advertisement

This is hardly an issue restricted to rugby though is it?

It'd be the same in soccer or swimming even...

I don't agree with cameras/fans/reporters being allowed into a changing room at any stage as has been mentioned it is supposed to be a place where players can relax and reflect after a game. It shouldn't be invaded like that. The obvious cam whores like Brian O'Driscoll couldn't give a toss but then I'd say he'd have a camera in the showers with him too if anyone was actually willing to pay for that (Yuck!)

I'm not sure if there's any point in raising the issue of the stereotypes attatched to womens rugby as I'd be wasting my time... plus one of the mods of this board laughed when he heard I was playing rugby! Meh! I play it coz I enjoy it and it keeps me fit. It's amazing the amount of grief I've gotten mainly from men about it.
    *shrug*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Originally posted by Amz
    he obvious cam whores like Brian O'Driscoll couldn't give a toss but then I'd say he'd have a camera in the showers with him too if anyone was actually willing to pay for that (Yuck!)

Brilliant! Must remember that, camera whore...

Originally posted by Amz
    The obvious cam whores like Brian O'Driscoll couldn't give a toss but then I'd say he'd have a camera in the showers with him too if anyone was actually willing to pay for that (Yuck!)

I'm not sure if there's any point in raising the issue of the stereotypes attatched to womens rugby as I'd be wasting my time... plus one of the mods of this board laughed when he heard I was playing rugby! Meh! I play it coz I enjoy it and it keeps me fit. It's amazing the amount of grief I've gotten mainly from men about it.
    *shrug*

Maybe they could show DOB bathing in powerade!

i dont see anything wrong with girls playing rugby, infact i think its pretty cool. I play tag with some girls and there damn hard to catch! Do you play full contact or tag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

It happens in any activiy that is played by primarly one sex.

Most guys will get stick for doing ballet or knitting.
    Life just isn't fair!

Originally posted by Sundy
    Maybe they could show DOB bathing in powerade!

i dont see anything wrong with girls playing rugby, infact i think its pretty cool. I play tag with some girls and there damn hard to catch! Do you play full contact or tag?

Full contact :D

Rar! etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Originally posted by daveirl
    they look fine to me - http://www.munsterfans.com/photos_munsterladies.aspx

Hmm. Don't fancy yours much. :-)

Advertisement