Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI 9800pro's OEM €189.99

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i bought stuff there just before christmas and it took 2 days and it was parcelforce (as much as i hate to say it)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

I`m Waiting for mine too, i think mine was sent later bout tuesday or something like that, they might of keept all orders together for the uk, hopefully today or tomorrow we will receive it..

Have u got yours yet today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

nope no sign of delivery today yet, I was hoping to have it for easter as the office id closed tomorrow. Plus i've agreed to sell my old card card to a fellow boards user and hes hanging around waiting as well now:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

An post have said theyre treating international mail as a secondary product until they clear the backlog. It could take a while longer than usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,650 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by ozmo
    I think I'll wait til the 9800 EX comes available at a reasonable price.
    It has a temp sensor an clocks down if it gets too hot.

Once bitten.....;)

Seriously, all critical chips should have temp sensor and built in slowing down technology. That way we can all try and overclock to the max without danger. Ok so the P4 CPU has this, now then the 9800 EX, who's next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by talla
    nope no sign of delivery today yet, I was hoping to have it for easter as the office id closed tomorrow. Plus i've agreed to sell my old card card to a fellow boards user and hes hanging around waiting as well now:mad:

I also am waiting for something from Overclockers - It was posted two weeks ago.
    I tracked it to saying it arrived in ireland last tuesday.
    But AnPosterior said no post at all has arrived from England since April 9th.
    They are hoping to clear their blockages and get stuff sorted by the end of the week - and post can start comming in again maybe over the weekend or next week.

“Roll it back”

Originally posted by unkel
    Once bitten.....;)

Seriously, all critical chips should have temp sensor and built in slowing down technology. That way we can all try and overclock to the max without danger. Ok so the P4 CPU has this, now then the 9800 EX, who's next?

AMD have this also now - there is a really funy video on www.tomshardware.com that claim responsibility for making AMD put this into their chips.

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

has anyone who ordered this actually received delivery of their card yet? who actually delivers, is it An Post or the dreaded GLS? the reason i ask is my card shipped friday, left the uk on monday but no sign of delivery yet. can't track the package once it leaves the uk.

Mine was sent on monday according to overclockers, and I received it on wednesday.

i tought it was sent with a currier, parcel force isnt a currier?

The larst time i ordered a CDRW and it came via currier and still pait the same amount as this time.

I`m hoping today as last chance or i will have to wait till next week :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Do couriers deliver today though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

I just rang parcel force in the UK to try to track my Overclockers order - they're closed today, so it's doubtful that there'll be any deliveries untill tuesday

Originally posted by Karl Hungus
    Mine was sent on monday according to overclockers, and I received it on wednesday.

u in Dublin Karl and was it An Post that delivered??

In Galway, and it was GLS that delivered.

Originally posted by Karl Hungus
    In Galway, and it was GLS that delivered.

how you finding the card is it a gud 'un?

Well, I've really not had much of a chance to play anything, but so far it made some small improvements when playing battlefield, but that was already running ultra-smooth. The big feat was turning Deus Ex 2 from a near-unplayable game into one helluva smooth ride, at least that was before the game crashed. :dunno:

So, so far... The evidence is pretty conclusive: TEH ROCKSOOOOOOOR!!!!

Cheers Karl, at least I know who to tear into on Tuesday now!!:mad:

Cheers Karl, at least I know who to tear into on Tuesday now!!:mad:

Just noticed one on the shelf and I bought an Artic Cooler in anticipation of my next victim<delete> video card.

PC World Blanch are selling them for 14.99
    Says its supports all the 9700 and 9800 range.

I only noticed one on its lonesome - but anything the sell for *.99 means they are expecting more stock - anything they sell for *.98 means its end of line.

Its a lot of gear for that price - large heatsink and compound with a switch to select fan speed - defo a bargain if it makes it quieter.

Now - [Request] does anyone know where to get a Northbridge Heatsink (Non Fan) to replace same one with a Fan on it. I've seen a Zalman for sale on line - 7 Euros with 12 Euros postage :( Site was in French and could nt read if they delviered to Ireland.
    I asked in Maplin who normally stock Zalman stuff but they have never heard of such a thing.

“Roll it back”

Oh one last thing - if you want to show off this card - download the Farcry Demo. The water effects and walking through the forrest etc and Incredible with a 9800 card. http://www.farcry.ubi.com/
    Full game is even better.

“Roll it back”

have you tried www.hitide.ie they do zalman products

here

it's 7.90

and with shipping it's 15.40 SDS delivery

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    have you tried www.hitide.ie they do zalman products

Great - 7.90 plus 7.50 postage. Will order one now.

I'm determined to get a quiet (but powerful) pc eventually.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,650 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Aye you can use the older NB32 or the newer NB47 but be careful and read the instructiones first (as compentently assessed on the hitide website). Also check your mobo for the mounting holes

I'm confident you are aware, but if you aren't: epoxying a HS to your mobo invalidates the warranty

BTW, where is that video you mentioned, ozmo?

I just thought I'd let people know how I'm getting on with my new Radeon 9800 Pro.

I've just been playing Deus Ex 2 for the past few hours, and while I was able to play it alright with minimal settings, I'm now playing it with all details turned up to their fullest, and it's still running far smoother than on my old card, a Radeon 8500 LE 128. In fact, there's not been a single noticable drop in framerate at any instant during play.

So, those you acted quick enough to secure their card, you've got something truly great on your hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

sounds good - Ive got it as well but have still to assemble my new PC.

How noticeable is the fan noise under load and at idle? I am considering whether I should replace the fan with something quieter before installing it.

Originally posted by unkel

BTW, where is that video you mentioned, ozmo?

Article (Sept 2001) on Amds thermal protection:
    Fire!!!
    http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20010917/index.html

Download Video: http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20010917/heatvideo-05.html
    (9mb) Requires Divx (any version > version 4)

Aparently its fixed in chips made after 2002 - I dont know how good it is though.

Post update: I have a friend in AnPost - says they received a very small amount of mail today from england (9 bags). And there are 300bags of irish stuff to sort first - so anyone with stuff in the mail - dont hold yer breath.

“Roll it back”

Any of you got this today?? i`m in work waiting for a email from the post room... dame long wait i tells ya!!

nope still havent received it. Im trying to get through to overclockers to find out 100% who delivers in Dublin, whether its GLS or An Post. And mine actually arrived in Ireland on the 3rd of April according to tracking. Get very pissed off at this stage!!

that's very unlike overclockers.

it was GLS that delivered to me in the rush of christmas i ordered on the 19th december and received it on the 22nd decemeber with all the christmas rush too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

blame an post, not overclockers.

i got mine 2 days after i ordered (am in UK though)

I just rang GLS in Dublin, they say they don't deliver any reference numbers beginning with RI....., only EE.......
    I've emailed Royal Mail, emailed Overclockers again now, I'm getting really pissed off now.

• Advertisement

Yea me too, i tried to phone them a good wile now and the line just dropped the guy just says its all busy.. and i emailled them 5 times already asking to confirm my delivery address but i never got any answer .

I R pissed off too... Far Cry is waiting to be played properly!!! and i aint facing them scary 4ss mosters with my old gf2 titanium.

Advertisement