Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI 9800pro's OEM €189.99

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Just off the phone with Overclockers, the bloke I talked to was under the impression that Royal Mail still used parcelforce ( are they not GLS??) in Ireland, now I just have to wait for Royal Mail to get back to me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

it looks as though we'll be lucky to get the cards by the end of this week. 3rd world countries have a better postal system than this pos one :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

Well seems that today was a cprap day, was exited to get into work.. but i`m gonna leave pretty pist off.. was looking forward to play tonight with my uber card!!:mad:

Yep nothing arrived today either for me, just as a matter of interest , is anyone that is still waiting on delivery of this card just in the greater Dublin area??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Mine was posted on March 31st. Still waiting....

If its sent by Royal Mail (RI in the tracking number) then its being passed
    to AnPost not a courrier.
    Apparently - even though Royal Mail are saying these packages have been sent to Ireland - they are still somewhere in England according to AnPost (my Friend works there and hes checked for me).

The only thing that can be done both 'AnPost' And 'Royal Mail' have told me to is to get onto Overclockers and get them to get Royal Mail to shift their boxes.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

nothing today either guys?? :( i dought i will receive it today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Nothing today for me anyway :(.

Is there anyway of tracking the orders? Both An Post and GLS say it's an invalid number

Nope no delivery here. I have never got the an post tracking system to work even when im the one sending the stuff.

nope nothing here!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: all i can say!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Well...i got my hands on mine and i think its completely borked....

see here

p

EDIT: Oh yeah... but mine was delivered to liverpool...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Darwin

Hi,
    I've been thinking about upgrading from a 9700Pro to one of these 9800Pros but
    the bang for your buck does not seem to be worth it ?
    I've also ordered stuff from Overclockers (on March 26th)...still no sign of anything...the postman reckoned it could take another 2 weeks to clear the backlog... Grrrrrrr

Finally arrived this morning, came in jiffy bag with Card in static bag with various cables, manuals and cd. Hope to God it works now!

Mine came too. I installed an artic cooler on it and some ram sinks and all went well. Im going to flash it with an xt bios and see what i can get out of it.:p

still nothing here for me yet, when was yours sent?

was despatched by overclockers on the 2nd, has been waiting for An Post to get off their arses since the 3rd of April.

Occording to OC UK mine was shipped on the 5th of April. Only took 2 weeks to get here :dunno:

hmm mine was the 5th too.. i`m really hopint by tomorrow now!!

Illumin let us know how u get on with the flashing ur card!

Flash worked fine. I can run it at 450 core 400 mem without artifacts but im happy with default xt speeds. I have a 80mm fan over the card which is cooling the ramsinks and the artic cooler very nicely :D

Cool, i just received mine now :D

Fell bad cuz 5 minutes before i received it i sent him a email complaining that it hasnt come yet :/.

Anyway I dont think i`ll flash mine yet not till a few month.
    ahh i want to go home now and play!!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by C@non
    Cool, i just received mine now :D

Fell bad cuz 5 minutes before i received it i sent him a email complaining that it hasnt come yet :/.

Anyway I dont think i`ll flash mine yet not till a few month.
    ahh i want to go home now and play!!

It wasnt their fault - it was an Post on strike. UK were calling it "Unofficial
    Action by Irish Post.. (they couldnt pronounce AnPost)" - so give AnPost an earful.

Got mine on Friday 16th - Left England on 31st last month.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

What make was the card you all got that could be flashed to an xt ?

I ordered a ati9800 non pro off overclockers last monday. Got it yesterday and installed it but when installing the drivers it was telling me that my card was a 9800pro. Even in games and system information it tells me its a 9800pro. The card even came in a 9800 non pro box. Well not going to complain or send it back demanding they send me the right card :)

Total bill came to 215euros.

Was just wondering can i flash it to an xt ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

what does the card look like? can you post a photo.

can you take off the heatsink and rub off the thermal paste to see what chip is on it - if it says R360 then it is really an XT.

if its R350 then you can flash it but will prob get corruption.

taking off the heatsink is easy but you should replace the thermal paste before replacing it.

Originally posted by BadCharlie
    What make was the card you all got that could be flashed to an xt ?

I ordered a ati9800 non pro off overclockers last monday. Got it yesterday and installed it but when installing the drivers it was telling me that my card was a 9800pro. Even in games and system information it tells me its a 9800pro. The card even came in a 9800 non pro box. Well not going to complain or send it back demanding they send me the right card :)

Total bill came to 215euros.

Was just wondering can i flash it to an xt ?

Yea thats the price we paid for it too so its a pro u paid for :) i was playing with it last night at it was Amazing!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by talla
    Finally arrived this morning, came in jiffy bag with Card in static bag with various cables, manuals and cd. Hope to God it works now!

Did not get any manual or cd with mine:mad: Is it worth bother Overclockers about them? Am I missing anything essential?

Originally posted by dub45
    Did not get any manual or cd with mine:mad: Is it worth bother Overclockers about them? Am I missing anything essential?

I paid slightly more for mine (ordered just before the offer you got started or I would have went for that offer)- came in a huge box.
    A manual with usual two pages in english and thirty in every other language - and a driver cd which I havent tried yet (web version is updated every few weeks)
    Oh - i also got some 'cool' games.... not.. "Mother Truckers" and "Laura Croft 3".
    Also some DVD player software - WinDVD Creator.

Nah - you arent missing anything.

Oh - wait - there was actually a nifty Digital to Analogue convertor so you can run two monitors, a power splitter extension cable and two cables and an adapter for connecting it to the tv.

If the card was listed as OEM or Bulk then maybe thats all you get - but its a great card.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Originally posted by dub45

I didn't get any manual or cd with mine but got loads of bits and pieces....think different people got dif things from overclockers....Anyway, as long as the card worksd all you have to do is download the drivers and your laughing....

P

Ps: Afraid i'm a bit pissed but I hoped this herlped...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

ive got a sapphire atlantis radeon9800pro 128mb card

any links for this flashing tool and stuff.. is it worth me doing this to my card, what are the risks involved from doing it?

Originally posted by BArra
    ive got a sapphire atlantis radeon9800pro 128mb card

any links for this flashing tool and stuff.. is it worth me doing this to my card, what are the risks involved from doing it?

Hi - this is currently being discussed here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=152835&goto=newpost

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
Advertisement