Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Voyagers

• 01-04-2004 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

Any one remembe rthis early 80's Quantum Leap style show?

Was about a guy who went around correcting time lines and he picks up a kid on the way.

They lose a time guide so they can't get back to the time to drop the kid off.

I have very hazy memories of it (dunno if they even showed it in Ireland) but looking back at the website sit looks awful!

I remember quite liking it :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Yeah, it was on Sky during it's early days in Ireland (1987 I think?).

Can't remember much about it except that they achieved their time-travel feats by means of a small gold pocket watch. Needless to say the watch either got lost/stolen/broken in every episode.

http://www.tvtome.com/Voyagers/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

1987? Ha.

It was on RTE around 1983. Mondays after 3-2-1-Contact if i remember rightly. I don't remember many of the episodes well - just the trial one and the one with the Titanic bits where the kid tries to warn the captain.

Like you two cynics I reckon it'd be pretty dire if I managed to see it again but I liked it at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Wasn't the watch called the Oryx or the Onyx or something - me does a Google...

I remember making one from cardboard :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Sliders is a bit similar..

• Advertisement
Advertisement