Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i get eircom ADSL router and splitter over-the-counter?

• 01-04-2004 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Hello there,
    I'm changing my line up from Hi-speed to Broadband home starter with Eircom. i'm wondering can I just walk into an eircom shop and buy the router and splitters or do I have to order it?

With the help of some Eircom employed friends i'll be able to have the hi-speed line removed and because we've a 3rd line in the house that passed the broadband test I know we're capable of getting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

when you order dsl they will send all that stuff out to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

you can't just buy the equipment and expect the line to be there when u plug it all in(unless thats not what u meant).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

DSL has to be physically connected in the exchange, it's not automatically on. So, you need to ring up and order it.

For Analogue lines, the connection often happens a few days (or weeks?) before you get officially notified it's ready for use - the group that do the connections are separate from the group that send you out the equipment and notify you. If you have your own equipment, you can get a few days head start if you're lucky. No real gain here though...

For Hispeed lines, though, connecting the DSL line can only be done after disconnecting the ISDN service first, so the changeover needs to be co-ordinated, otherwise you'd end up with no service at all for a few days. Eircom send out an engineer to co-ordinate the changeover. It's pretty painless.

Advertisement