Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

utv proxy maybe?

• 01-04-2004 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

have been attempting to book a ryanair flight and i find i cannot get to the booking page-screen simply either freezes or displays part of the page- i wonder is this the curse of the utv proxy or would it have to do with the level of privacy settings?
    have tried both proxy settings s recommended in an earlier thread-revenge of the utv proxy.
    using clicksilver

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You deserve such punishment for booking Ryan air anyways - but seriously have you tried the MTU fix just on the off chance its that?

Theres something odd about the page ok - I found it loaded much quicker for me without the proxy enabled. I found too that it stalled with the proxy but when I clicked on the stop (you know the x thing on internet explorer) the full page then downloaded.

It also seemed to load much easier in Netscape (without the proxy enabled)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭sixtysix

thanks for that-i took your advice disabled the proxy and i finally got through to the final page.
    downloaded tweakmaster- thirty day free trial which claims to speed up the connection-we'll see

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You are welcome although it gives me serious pain to help someone give money to Ryan air! Anyways enjoy your trip.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭sixtysix

travelled with ryanair many times-never have any problem with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

i had the same problem sorta. i just downloaded new drivers for the modem and all was cool. proxy fix doesnt work properly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement