Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract for IOL BB?

• 01-04-2004 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

What's the story with the contract for IOL? Do you actually sign one or is it done with an online "I Agree" button type thingy? I seem to remember people saying a contract was never sent out to them to sign. I'm not too keen on signing a contract for a year while the service is like this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

i never signed anything, nor was anything sent out to me to sign..
    i think i did click an "i agree" button at some state..
    i cant remember..

aside:
    i thought someone said that as soon as you accept the cd and go online then the contract is started.. but this could be complete fiction..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I was e-mailed the form and the contract. I was told to sign the form and post it back to them. I had to sign for DirectDebit and to say I agreed with the contract.

This was in late July. They may have changed the way they do things now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Without doubt there's some stage, either on paper or online signup, which states something along the lines of "By using the IOL Broadband service, you are deemed to have agreed to the terms and conditions set hereunder..." Whether or not you have clicked on or bypassed a particular button doesn't get you out of your agreement. You use it, you agree to the terms.

Having said that, the level of service currently isn't as good as it could/should be - and one could likely state that in an annullment of contract.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

As far as I'm aware, for a proper legal contract you need a signature. (?)

Advertisement