Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal Board

Options
  • 02-04-2004 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

It being the witching hour......

Was talking about this with bug, and I've actually come round to the idea having read Newscientist from a few weeks back.

Basically a place to trade ghost stories over the fire while roasting marshmallows.

Seriously tho' I've a keen interest in the supernatural myself and I know a few others on boards do, so it may be a cool enough place for discussing ideas on paranormal happenings, theories and the validity of some claims.

Also the occult and such would be legitimate topics.

I'd be keen to move away from the whole skeptics way of things and focus more on allowing the "believer" a voice.

Perhaps a community to start as I can't see where it would go if it was created.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Id be a believer too, and would support this forum...

once it didnt get over run by star trek/wars/gate fans.... or anything like that... i'd love to share ghost stories and that

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I think you should start spamming here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=422

with all the ghost stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by DapperGent
    I think you should start spamming here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=422

with all the ghost stories.

Read my initial post again.

Skeptics is a flame-zone at present, and not a welcome place for anyone with a non-conformist POV.

In any case, posts there are less sensational and tend to be based around new age medicines and science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Yes I definitley think this is a good idea. Alot of people have an interest in the paranormal and would like to discuss it without being mocked. As is said to you syke its the type of subject that completely holds your interest or you think its a load of codswallop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I'd be all for this forum :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I knew you were going to suggest that :p

should be a pretty interesting board, has my vote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

I think a paranormal board would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

i'm definitely all for this idea, nice one syke.

If nothing else it'd make damn interesting reading :)

always had an interest in stuff along these lines and as merc said, some of the links people would come up with would be great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Well I know people in paranormal ireland so I'm sure a few of their members would toddle over. They are very good at reporting on studies they do etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Originally posted by flogen
    Id be a believer too, and would support this forum...

once it didnt get over run by star trek/wars/gate fans.... or anything like that... i'd love to share ghost stories and that

Flogen

Im up for that forum and i am one of those above and i will go to the fourm if it is made.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Im up for that forum and i am one of those above and i will go to the fourm if it is made.

sorry, i didnt mean that i dont want fans of the above to go there, Im a Star Wars fan myself, and Im sure alot of people would be even moderate fans of one of those three shows, but just that the forum wouldnt become a sci-fi board, keeping it to beliefs and sightings etc, rather than talking about tv shows (i doubt it would happen though)

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

....discussion of x-files episodes damn well better be allowed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

/me raises thumb in an approving manner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Not sure if I'm a believer or not, but I like to keep an open mind about such things-so a yes vote from me too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

2 thumbs up from me. i'd definately read it alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Think it's a good idea for a board and I'd definitely read it a lot.

Endorsed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Great idea, it might open a few minds in the skeptics forum ;)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Thumbs up, definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Doctor Funfrock

COOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

So basically you want a new forum because the forum that currently handles this stuff is too unfriendly to people with your view point? So its like skeptics is non-believers and papanormal is believers. Kinda makes sense that you would need a seperate forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Sometimes it's just like vomit isn't it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

The Skeptics forum is a community forum that doesn't deal with such topics very often (if at all) but could certainly have a lot to say about such topics. Unfortunately the methods and styles of argument that a few of the posters there use are not really helpful to getting certain points of view across and I don't think they would help to get a reasonable discussion of the paranormal going.

Of course, if this forum is created then the skeptics can put their arguments across in there within the parameters of the charter and vice versa.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement