Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utv Aok!

• 02-04-2004 8:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

Got this when I ran the UTV speedtest this morning - guess they're trying to make up for recent performance.... and no, its the 2nd of April today....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

Hi, Very nice.

keep that, it will become a very rare picture indeed, and I am sure a never to be repeated one!!! In our lifetime anyway.

I checked before leaving home at 7:15am and was getting about 32kbps on giganews

Ae

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

If you're not taking the piss, that's probably because the file is cached locally.. clear your cache and run test again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

dont dash his hopes cgarvey :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Originally posted by cgarvey
    If you're not taking the piss, that's probably because the file is cached locally.. clear your cache and run test again.

What??!! You mean they HAVEN'T tripled the speed of my connection??.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

What site are you using to test it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Seems to be ok again, but I wouldn't be so sure. I'm running a batch every 15 minutes since Wednesday. This downloads a file from 3 sources and the stats are being collected. Checked this morning an downloads were up around the 420Kb mark but it will be interesting to see how they change throughout today.
    And I did have 1 download hit 942Kb/s at about 3am! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

still reporting 100-200k connection speeds here.. pings have quartered, pity download speeds havent gone the other way.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by ArthurG
    Got this when I ran the UTV speedtest this morning - guess they're trying to make up for recent performance.... and no, its the 2nd of April today....

It was on the RTE news this morning that there has been a serious but very brief disturbance in the space/time continuum - you were obviously downloading during that!

Unfortunately the disturbance in the bb continuum persists I am sure.

Jeez.. looks like I caught the other end of that disturbance so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Originally posted by rymus
    Jeez.. looks like I caught the other end of that disturbance so..
    lol, you'd have been quicker asking them to post you the picture!

• Advertisement

it's all over the place... got 4k, then 1.4mbit, then 150k, now in the mid to high 300's, spiking to 500/600.. this is nuts

<edit> back to 150k now... wait... 300k... 200k... aaaaaaaagggggggggh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Things have improved for me today on IOLBB. I just hope it stays this way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

2.9 mbit! Only if....

Mike.

Advertisement