Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palm sync problems

Options
  • 02-04-2004 10:34am
    Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm having problems hotsyncing a Palm m105 with Windows XP. It used to work, now it doesn't. The batteries died on the Palm and it lost all information - now hotsync doesn't work.

It kinda sorta seems to think about working - when I press the hotsync button on the cable, the hotsync application pops up on the PC and says "Connecting with handheld" - but it goes no further - doesn't identify the user.

It's a serial cable, and the speeds are set the same on both ends. I've played with the serial settings, including slowing both ends to 9600, and nothing seems to make any difference. I've hard-reset the Palm, and re-installed Palm Desktop on the PC.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, after un-installing did it keep the old 'user' data folder, you might check the \Program Files\Palm directory (assuming your on a PC) and move the old user directory elsewhere if it is still hanging around

check the Palm Desktop app Users by using the Edit Users (top right) and start from scratch with one new user

try a sync, if all is good and you need any of the old stuff try restoring the required contents of the old user data folder back and sync again (or dump it if you don't need it anymore)

see if any other apps are running that might be fighting for control of the COM port

BrianG

Advertisement